Incredible owners kernel

smtom

Reaction score
Superlatives aside, I can attest these are THE best AOSP kernels out there for the DInc, bar none.

The link from XDA is worth reading ~ the battery life is insane, Q scores even at stock speeds are amazing, and the ability to overclock ~ all contribute to an epic set of kernels for your device, making it all the more Incredible.

720p video recording works with these, btw...:rockon:
How it's done is in post #349 in the XDA thread.

Kind regards.

Last edited:
OP
V

v941726

Reaction score
use invisiblek's kernel. he's on xda. there are links here. [KERNEL][AOSP] 2.6.32.26-invisiblek #18 - xda-developers.

then do this: Originally Posted by rick311
go into your camera and look on the left side where all the little tabs are (w/b, settings, presets etc...) go to the last one and under video quality, choose custom. 720 should be selected,. credit goes to the poster rick311

OP
V

v941726

Reaction score
Superlatives aside, I can attest these are THE best AOSP kernels out there for the DInc, bar none.

The link from XDA is worth reading ~ the battery life is insane, Q scores even at stock speeds are amazing, and the ability to overclock ~ all contribute to an epic set of kernels for your device, making it all the more Incredible.

720p video recording works with these, btw...:rockon:
How it's done is in post #349 in the XDA thread.

Kind regards.

yes. i can attest to this too. i'm definitely sticking with these guys

go with #17 and wait for #19. dont o'c past 1.152. 1.119 is unstable

Last edited:

itsjuggalo

Reaction score
ima noob and i hava question, ok so i rooted my phone, and i have LithiumNG as my ROM, but the question is what is the best kernel to have? what are the differences between different makers of kernels and what is the best one for battery/performance life to have like an equality between the two. last time i tried putting a kernel onto my Incredible, it bootlooped, or got stuck on a black screen with white sides frozen. ive been going to countless searches on google to find what im looking for but i havnt really touched on what ive been looking for, can somebody help me? idk if im in the right forum for this, but at this point im helpless. is there a website that explains everything, and i mean everything about kernels, roms, specifics on the HTC Incredible system and clockwork mod and all of that? im sorry but google hasnt been a real friend when it comes to what ive been looking for. thank yall for the support of this website and all the others, without this, i would just be a lame-o with a regular stock-everything on my HTC Incredible. please help. PLEASE :) i will give thanks to your username or whatever, i just need HELP. thank you again.

sherpajosh

Reaction score
ima noob and i hava question, ok so i rooted my phone, and i have LithiumNG as my ROM, but the question is what is the best kernel to have? what are the differences between different makers of kernels and what is the best one for battery/performance life to have like an equality between the two. last time i tried putting a kernel onto my Incredible, it bootlooped, or got stuck on a black screen with white sides frozen. ive been going to countless searches on google to find what im looking for but i havnt really touched on what ive been looking for, can somebody help me? idk if im in the right forum for this, but at this point im helpless. is there a website that explains everything, and i mean everything about kernels, roms, specifics on the HTC Incredible system and clockwork mod and all of that? im sorry but google hasnt been a real friend when it comes to what ive been looking for. thank yall for the support of this website and all the others, without this, i would just be a lame-o with a regular stock-everything on my HTC Incredible. please help. PLEASE :) i will give thanks to your username or whatever, i just need HELP. thank you again.

First the black screen with white bars means you have SLCD screen and you need to follow Step 3A here. Once you have done that you should be able to see the Clockworkmod menu when you boot to recovery.

Second, each phone is different and kernels work differently for every person. You just have to keep trying until you find one that works for you. From above you see that #18 has worked best for them, but I have found that #21 works better for me, the battery life is much better and the UI is much smoother and more responsive. I would recommend invisibleek's kernels, they work very well for a majority of DInc AOSP owners.

Hope this helps.

itsjuggalo

Reaction score
thank you very much for the clarification, but do you mind if you send me some links to kernels that you feel are best for my type of droid. whatever they are. i just want a kernel that is good mainly for battery and somewhat better for performance. i get confused when i see this on the P3Droid website for kernels -
1200 = 250/500/600/900/1000/1100/1200.
or this from hydra
#1 Overclocked Undervolted 1.15ghz v1.0
#2 Overclocked Undervolted 1.15ghz 25mv Overvolt v1.0
can you explain what all of those things mean?
what maker and what voltage/ghz and all of that is best for my type of phone and what im looking for to make my phone more conservant/faster. btw. im running LithiumMod because i liked the black/red theme, but are there any others out there that have that type of form of colors n stuff?
i kind of understand this stuff because in the beginning i used to jailbreak my ipod touch and change things around, but these codings and all of that seem a little more complex than what im used to. thank you very much again.​

itsjuggalo

Reaction score
ok so then let me ask this last question, for me to have the LithiumMod ROM, what are the best kernels for battery performance with somewhat better performance? can somebody give me a link?