incredible.... not so incredible

kenbiz

Reaction score
Had phone since it came out. Phone is ALWAYS lagging during texts. YouTube NEVER plays, takes less time using dial up to use the internet. Memory card just stopped working and was a "read only" card after a year. How?? Verizon says it just happens. I've gone through 3 charger cords. Why? They just stop working... as I write this my keyboard screen keeps freezing. Always over heating!! Don't wanna here its just my phone. Plus where's this update? There's a thread here been talking about it for 6 months...lol all u guys building up your posts talking everyday giving excuses why it hasn't come yet. It's funny. So yeah this phone sux

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You had it since launch and you managed to put up with it for roughly 2 years?

3 chargers and you didn't still didn't ask for a replacement?

You don't want to hear it, but it's true, it's just your phone. Even before I rooted and flashed a ROM, mine was still quite snappy, and it's even smoother now. Do you have a task killer or any types apps that run automatically that would effect the performance of your phone?

As for GB, yes they're lagging and yes it's been pulled again, something we can't help. Yeah probably by the time we get GB, ICS will be out, but that's out of our control.

Sorry to hear you don't like your phone, but you managed to keep it for 2 years....

OP
kenbiz

kenbiz

Reaction score
I've "managed" to keep this phone because I have better things to do with 3-4 hundred dollars every 6 months. Just as I went to repy to this my phone goes to contacts instead...lol. p.o.s. yeah I was told chargers are not under warranty. Had my phone looked at MANY times by the brilliant techs at Verizon and was told phone is Fine."no problems". I've never once watched a YouTube video without it freezing and don't bother watching the HQ vids. I thought this is just how phones are since there not a computer and will be slow and not capable, but after using my friends phones I clearly see its this p.o.s phone thats the problem. Verizon won't help.. the phone is what it is..

Abs

Reaction score
Are you using a taskkiller?
Are you rooted or ROMd?

OP
kenbiz

kenbiz

Reaction score
Are you using a taskkiller?
Are you rooted or ROMd?

no...stock and never used taskkiller. This site is almost impossible to use on this phone.. don't know if there too much stuff on this site but damn...

Abs

Reaction score
Have you tried wiping the data/cache or doing an SBF? Not sure how to do it on an incredible sorry. The phone freezing and getting extremely hot is sometimes due to the CPU running at 100%. I've heard that this can be due to a corrupt file or some other similar problem and that a data/cache wipe can normally fix it. If its a system file that's giving you issues, I think you'll have to SBF. Then again, it could just be your device that doesn't work right. In that case, you should take it to verizon and show them that your phone blows. They will take your phone and mail you a refurbished one. I've heard that a lot of broken Incredibles get replaced by Incredible 2s.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Had phone since it came out. Phone is ALWAYS lagging during texts. YouTube NEVER plays, takes less time using dial up to use the internet. Memory card just stopped working and was a "read only" card after a year. How?? Verizon says it just happens. I've gone through 3 charger cords. Why? They just stop working... as I write this my keyboard screen keeps freezing. Always over heating!! Don't wanna here its just my phone. Plus where's this update? There's a thread here been talking about it for 6 months...lol all u guys building up your posts talking everyday giving excuses why it hasn't come yet. It's funny. So yeah this phone sux

I would strongly recommend that you do the following:

1. Go to Settings/Privacy and make sure Backup and Restore are checked.
2. Do a factory hard reset.
3. Beginning tomorrow morning, reboot your phone every morning.
(the following are optional - if any of these are really important to you, ignore them)
4. If you are using Live Wall Papers, stop!
5. If there are widgets that automatically update (facebook, weather, etc.) change their update frequency in their settings menu. Set them to 30mins or 1 hour.
6. If you have an anti-virus app installed, you should uninstall it.
7. If you have an ad-blocker installed, you should uninstall it.
8. If you are using either Launcher Pro or ADW, try switching to either Zeam or Go Launcher.

Good luck and let us know how things work out.

Abs

Reaction score
+1 ^^ good advice

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
kenbiz, this is your last warning. No "p.o.s" shenanigans. You've just come off a lengthy vacation- don't ruin it for yourself. That's all I have to say.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Agree that you should try a factory reset. Honestly, my Inc is still quite snappy, even when I was running stock ROM. We're here to help, but if you're not willing to take our advice and just keep whining then there really is no need for this thread.

Try the factory reset and report back.

Also, regarding your many times you brought it to a tech you didn't once show them youtube crashes/freezes? Had they seen this happen I'm sure they would've gladly exchanged the phone for you.

Last edited:

david14807

Reaction score

apple trol