Incredible Killing Bluetooth devises

Gsacks98

Reaction score
Today, I have had three Plantronics Headsets completely fry out while trying to connect to my droid incredible... has anyone else seen this happen.

cromo8

Reaction score
whoa ive never heard that happen not with any brand or device, seems that the frequency wouldnt be able to do that

thats very strange, im guessing its the devices not the phone tho

chris_v

Reaction score
Today, I have had three Plantronics Headsets completely fry out while trying to connect to my droid incredible... has anyone else seen this happen.

I have a Plantronics Explorer 210 and this has happened to me three times as well with my Incredible. I have gotten two warranty replacements from Plantronics and have given up now. The headset worked fine before on my LG ENV2 for 4 months before I got the Incredible. I am planning on trying it on an old headset I have at home that is a Motorola.

The failure I experienced went something like this:
1) Phone and headset paired fine
2) Headset worked for 1-2 calls
3) Headset turned off manually when done
4) Headset turned on manually - completely bricked!

I have tried charging all of the bad units, and they seem to charge OK (lights come on and go off appropriately), but they never work again.

anotherhuman

Reaction score
Moto Droid worked fine then I upgraded to Droid X and fried two Plantronics 955 headsets. I'm sending both in for rma and giving them away when they get back. Any suggestions for replacements?

1. started to buzz and break up calls
2. dropped pairing
3. will now only stay paired intermittently
4. pairing takes multiple tries to pair

smccloud

Reaction score
Same issue with a 210 & Droid Incredible 2. Worked great on a BB Curve 8330, HTC Hero CDMA, LG Optimus S (then switched to Verizon) & a Droid R2D2. Supposedly, leaving them turned on for a couple of weeks fixes it. I may see about a RMA but I don't remember exactaly when I bought mime :(