Incredible...........HELP PLEASE!

onlyonelucy

Reaction score
Ok, I had my 1st HTC Incredible for 4 months and it was just fine UNTIL one day it wiped out ALL 327 of my contacts. So......Verizon sent me a "certified like new" refurbished phone. The refurbished one powered down on it's own all the time. So, they send me another. My 2nd replacement...get this....the phone icon on the bottom of the home screen would disappear. So, they sent me another.......My 3rd one would freeze up. Now I am on my 4th replacement and it's doing all the above except deleting my contacts (so far). What in the world is going on? I love this phone but am very very very tired of having to go through this every few days with replacements. Any suggestions as to what it could be? IF I have to, what other droid would you recommend?

smtom

Reaction score
Contacts synchronized with your Google account cannot be wiped by the device. That said, I would have them keep replacing the device since it sounds like a production issue.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

altimax98

Reaction score
If you had google sync then it would always backup your contacts... My phone had 'lost' all my contacts too but then I found they had been listed as android contacts and once I hit the show button they all appeared

Sent from one of those missing Droids

OP
O

onlyonelucy

Reaction score
What apps do you have?

Sent from somewhere...

I didn't load any apps on this last one just to see if it were an app causing it. But- on the previous phones I had:

Angry Birds (of course)
Poynt
Pandora
Photofunia
Facebook for HTC Sense
Air Horn
Basketball 3D
Paper Toss
Barcode Scanner

And, that's it.

OP
O

onlyonelucy

Reaction score
If you had google sync then it would always backup your contacts... My phone had 'lost' all my contacts too but then I found they had been listed as android contacts and once I hit the show button they all appeared

Sent from one of those missing Droids

That's what I thought too. Verizon couldn't figure it out. Tech support couldn't even figure out why they weren't in my Google.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Froyo 2.2 does bring your environment back each time you sync to recreate your phone. Just for grins, create a NEW gmail account when starting up the replacement Incredible and see if that clears it up. You may be able to do Factory Reset and do this. And Format the SD card 1st.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
O

onlyonelucy

Reaction score
Yeh, I just finished doing a factory reset so I HOPE that will work.

Any idea what could be causing all of this though?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they weren't in Gmail did you have them saved to the phone instead? You can save them as Gmail contacts or phone contacts. I've got mine set as Gmail contacts because backup assistant has a habit of losing your online contacts, doing a sync and seeing the empty contact list as correct and deleting everything on the phone occasionally.
This has been an on going issue for well over a year, closer to 2. My kids and my wife all lost theirs on their dumbphones last July in 1 night. My Inc dumped the 5 I had saved on my phone back in late December.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Very interesting...I've never had any of these problems since I owned my Incredible a few days before last Thanksgiving.

Have you ever tried a factory reset? You've listed a bunch of replacements but not one word of a factory reset.

Can you give us a list of apps you've downloaded, it could be an app you've downloaded on all your phones that's causing the problems.

Your luck with this phone isn't very good at all. 4 replacements...I would've changed phones after 3 replacements.