INCREDIBLE DOCK AVAILABLE! MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series is here (Photos)!

Discussion in 'MIKRADLE' started by cuskit, May 7, 2010.

1. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Geoff, well, I can say you are a very intuitive guy! :)

I love steak, but Dad is more into seafood, though he'll never turn down a ribeye, t-bone or a good NY Strip steak!

I guess you can all tell I have a passion for grilling. As a brief interlude from MIKRADLE business and my Dad's unfortunate health situation - here's one of many a short prose I have written on my bbq forums:

"A NIGHT OF WICKEDNESS..
    I’m stuck in traffic, my mind is wandering and I find myself in a kind of surreal mood. As usual, my work schedule has been hectic, I’m punching in too many hours, summer is coming and I’m feeling a bit blue. I’ve gone this distance before, actually way too many times, and finally it’s beginning to hit me that something has to change. I could say I’m in a rut, but that’s not really true as I love my job and so the hours are somewhat bearable with reluctant acceptance.

But something is missing, an intangible and distant clue dances just beyond my grasp. I’d normally just shrug this off, but today it’s weighing heavily on my mind. I’m groping here, reaching to find some answer, something hard and fast that I can grab onto, something definitive and concrete. The cobwebs slowly begin to clear as I begin to focus on the earlier part of the afternoon. Taking a break from wood turning on my lathe, I had sat down on my office computer and checked into the Source, seeking a pleasurable respite from the spinning balusters I’d been working on since morning coffee. With much pleasure, I came across a couple of posts bringing to light the subject of steak, and another thread on chicken wings. Now that’s the kind of thing a man can grab onto and lift up the curtain of drudgery from too many hours devoted to work. I went with it, carrying the thoughts through a couple of responses, but somehow they drifted away once I returned to my stance in front of the lathe.

But then, hours later, sitting in my truck I had a moment of revelation. With wicked abandonment, those elusive wisps of fruition suddenly charged through the clouds of indecisive direction that had troubled me most of the afternoon. I now had a purpose, a determination to alienate any thoughts of sunder. I couldn’t wait to get home, my impatience reared it’s abusive head as I began to accelerate and drive with reckless insolence. I wanted to put this ride to an end and reach my cupboards to take stock of just what I’d need to prepare a meal such as I hadn’t enjoyed in many a day. I was now a machine - moving with methodical purpose and direction. Tonight I would enjoy the savory pleasures of those sweet and crunchy nectars of delight - chicken wings grilled to perfection, slathered with a healthy mask of sweet bbq sauce. These to pave the way to the real center of a perfect meal - steak, that wondrous seared and perfected texture of love that graces many a grill. Served moments before coming to rest on a plate destined to bring smiles on the countenance of a man hungry for the meal of kings.

I arrived home and leapt from the truck, almost running like a child to the house, giggling as I realized what the neighbor across the street must have thought watching me as he reached into his mailbox for today’s delivery. But I paid him no mind as I swung open my door and called out to Patty, questioning where she was and to meet me in the kitchen. She hurried in, carrying a handful of bath towels just pulled from the dryer. With a look of concern in her eyes, she quickly asked what was wrong. Responding that all was well, I asked the usual question - had she planned dinner yet? Shaking her head to the negative, she reminded me that we were supposed to go shopping this evening, a chore usually preceded by a short visit to one of the fast food chains populating the area around the mall. Telling her of a change in plans, I excitedly informed her of my decision to stay home tonight. I went on to state I’d cook up a meal on our grill which had been unusually cool lately as the inside stove had been laboring to feed us through the recent weeks. The excited look on her face quickly died as she correctly surmised that what this meant was steak, a meal not exactly high on her list of pleasurable foods. I hastily added that she could have anything she wanted as I would first be driving up to Costco. And then a quick diversionary trip to a specialty store to secure the necessary groceries needed to promise that the evenings meal would be a success. A frown graced her face as she contemplated the choices, and with the shortest of pauses asked for “anything” Italian. Promising I’d take care of it, I jumped on my home computer to catch up with any afternoon additions to the mornings posts. This quick “fix” out of the way, I was ready to go shopping.

Pushing my cart through the throngs of shoppers in my local Costco, I found myself ultimately in the meat section. Here I quickly selected a three pack of some huge t-bone steaks, massive thick cuts that demanded a man’s appetite. Totaling just over five pounds, I already knew which would be sizzling on my searing burner later on - the cut centered in the package, a behemoth that promised to cut the scales at close to two pounds! This was obvious as it shadowed the other two steaks sharing space with this heavenly promise of a culinary delight. Next stop - the chilled case in which resided dozens of packages of chicken wings, the appetizer destined to awake my salivating glands just thinking about the scene that would take place a scant couple of hours away. My plans to stop at the specialty store changed as I would be picking up a take out order at a neighboring Italian restaurant. Patty must be satisfied or my evening would be a disappointing failure should her palate not be sweetened with some cheese ravioli’s, swimming in marinara sauce and accompanied by a garden salad and garlic bread dipped in extra virgin olive oil.

Home once again, I hurriedly raced out to the deck to begin the preheating process preceding the cooking itinerary for the night. I quickly paced back into the kitchen to begin separating the wing packages, freezing three six packs and keeping out another three six packs. No sense in just grilling six (my appetizer for the evening) as I knew the other twelve would be a perfect luncheon date for the next couple of days. These went onto the grill for an hour of indirect heat. Inside the house I could smell the aroma of Italian food as Patty dove in with no thoughts of waiting the couple of hours it would take to complete my meal. That’s okay, the pressure would be off enabling me to take my time and make this meal follow a precise plan of action.

Several trips out to monitor the wings had me savoring in anticipation of the delectable pleasure I’d soon be partaking once these crispy and tender morsels were finished. Meanwhile, I lovingly adorned the largest cut of steak with some coarse Mediterranean Sea Salt and for the first time ever, liberally doused it with coarse black pepper as my hands carefully twisted the shaker. Posts on the Source had validated that it was okay to apply the pepper before cooking, and out of respect for the knowledge and experience of this application, I obliged, differing from my history of shaking on the pepper only after the steak lies in repast on my dinner plate. For now, the steak would just sit covered with a piece of wax paper on the counter to reach room temperature. Deciding to throw caution to the wind tonight, I decided a healthy addition of veggies and taters would be canceled this evening, instead just waxing solid my resolve to dine only on wings and steak. This determination was influenced in no small way by reflecting on the size of my steak selection, throwing it on my scale proved my guess right. It tipped the scale at 33 ounces! My eyes rolled when I read the numbers, I shivered in guilty excitement as I furtively glanced around to ensure Patty had not seen the size of this immensity. But I shook off the feelings of guilt as I rationalized that my beef intake of late had been scant. Not really quite convincing, but cast aside nevertheless.

The wings turned out to be a priceless ecstasy, cooked to perfection; moist, tender inside and just the right crispiness outside. I swooned in delight as I savored each mouthful, my knees growing weak with pleasure as I sinfully gratified my demeritorious appetite. And then the culpable task of consuming over two pounds of seared steak, an easy chore for the wanton pleasure I had chosen this day. I’d like to state that this beautiful t-bone steak was just good, but that would be a lie. It was without doubt quite extraordinary, a tender mix of perfectly browned beef flavored with just the right mix of a simple pair of condiments - salt and pepper. To say I would need a trip to Church on the morrow would be an understatement. I had indulged this evening in pleasures that would bring a rueful and chiding grimace to a representative of the Lord, no man should derive this much immortal pleasure from such a simple fare. But I work hard, pushing myself to limits measured by few that I know, and to reward myself in this manner should not be a sin, but rather a grace - an execution of pleasure both in culinary appreciation and subtle aesthetic honor. And as such I’ve included a couple of photos with the intent of gathering your favor for the sins I’ve indulged this night of wickedness."

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So, that's kinda where my mind is when I'm not cutting, shaping, sanding or spraying up pieces of a MIKRADLE batch order, or sitting patiently bedside with Dad as we muse through the long hours of a hospital stay. One of my many passions that make life not just bearable, but rather so enjoyable! :) mikey

2. Bobby J

Bobby J Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Booked happy hour at a great place for tonight, pointed to my homemade piece of junk desktop holder, and said, "wow that thing is ugly. I just ordered a custom made, cherry wood, desktop holder. It will look so nice in here." She just smiled that knowing smile and didn't even ask the cost. Gotta love those gals.

3. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like the perfect relationship! I'm betting her smile will really light up once your MIKRADLE EVOLUTION arrives! :) mikey

4. Tr1age

Tr1age New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just placed my order, can't wait. Thanks! Btw I am Tristan. :)

5. Cmdr007

Cmdr007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This dock looks awesome. I was so impressed, I had to join and just placed my order. Really looking forward to this.

6. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tristan and Cmdr007,

You've both got e-mail! :) I appreciate your patronage, as well as the compliments!

Welcome to the forums - be sure to check out all of what's offered here besides just my product! You'll find some awesome advice, tips, news, information as well as making friends with a great bunch of guys (and girls)! The staff here is among the best you'll find on any forum, period! This includes the Administrators, the Moderators, the News Teams, The Rescue Squad, the Beta Team and all the others that contribute so much time and effort out of their personal lives to help out here! And the contributions of the members will make your smartphone experience not only pleasurable, but rewarding as well. Thanks for joining up - both of you! :) mikey

7. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All EVOLUTIONS SHIPPED!

To all those whom have ordered previous to Thursday, May 13th - ALL ORDERS NOT PREVIOUSLY SHIPPED HAVE BEEN SHIPPED OUT EITHER YESTERDAY OR TODAY! I thank all of you for your considerate patience with my Dad's health issues, and wish all enjoyment as your orders begin to arrive next week. Those who ordered after Thursday have been advised of shipping dates by e-mail. We are back on track now! :)

Let the EVOLUTION begin! :) mikey

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So can I just go ahead and pay right now for your next generation dock? I bought the last one without seeing it, so I know whatever you come up with next will be even cooler.

:D

-Mike

9. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Now THAT'S what I call a vote of confidence! Makes me feel very good, for sure!

Next generation dock will be awaiting the Droid II, for that I may do something special - a Limited Edition perhaps.. :) mikey

10. C0bra K0mmander

C0bra K0mmander New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wow this is awesome..i cant resist!

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Aren't we about due for another "isn't this just a dollar worth of wood glued together" posts? :D

-Mike

12. poshpepper

poshpepper New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies if this has been answered somewhere already (but I did read the entire first post and the questions asked in the thread already):

Will the dock fit the Incredible with the hard cover on (hard cover that is sold by Verizon)?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  13. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series Accommodates ALL Covers!

poshpepper, I thank you for your interest. To answer your question - YES! The MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series will accommodate all covers currently on the market to date. The open design of this particular model lends itself well to covers, both soft and hard. I'll have to go back to the beginning of this thread and address that answer - my apologies for not being clear on this. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! :) mike

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  14. ctxx24

ctxx24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would love to see a inc. on the stand?

15. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    patience my friend... patience :D