INCREDIBLE DOCK AVAILABLE! MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series is here (Photos)!

Discussion in 'MIKRADLE' started by cuskit, May 7, 2010.

1. LoneStar

LoneStar New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Mikradle on order that I'm anxious to get, but, as far as I'm concerned, please take your time. I know how it is to have ailing parents in the hospital. I've been there myself. You have my best wishes that all goes well....

2. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lone Star, I thank you very much for your words and kind consideration. I have to say, in the last six months this is almost becoming routine with Dad, but each time something new happens, it strikes close to the heart. He's been my best friend most of my life, I love him dearly and just wish I could snap my fingers and all would be well. It hurts so much to see him endure all this grief. But he is a strong hearted man, and through two broken hips, a stroke, a double by-pass, a coma, congestive heart failure and multiple falls with subsequent broken bones and tons of follow up therapy, he still manages to tell us "not to worry". Though his last months have been confined to a wheel chair (when not in the hospital) he is still more optimistic about life than many younger, more healthy people I know.

His last words to me before I left him today - "get your butt to the shop and get some work done. I'll hold down the fort here!" Gotta love the guy! :) mikey

3. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to hear, mikey... best wishes to your family.

4. merc98

merc98 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Just FYI, I tried out DockRunner and it does not work on the Incredible. Error with force close. I know that there is the "Car Panel" Mode but from what I see for desktop mode is only the clock. Anyone other Incredible owners know of me missing something?

5. Lachmann

Lachmann New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First: Mike - my prayer go to your dad...

Next, I can also confirm that neither the magnets nor DockRunner work on my Incredible either. It is interesting to note that the user manual refers to a "Car Kit Mode" when describing Bluetooth connection, so I assume there is a method to automatically invoke this mode, but can't find any documentation nor application that explains it. The Incredible is still rather "young" so there is hope...

However, there is a free app on the Market which allows you to emulate a dock scenario: Dock Simulator (confirmed running on my Incredible). When I tried it, it ran the built in Car panel when "Car Dock" was selected, but did not find any application that was associated with its "Home Dock" option. When you use this app in "car dock", you will get its icon in the notification area and your home soft button will trigger returning to the Car Panel home screen. It also set the phone into its "Car Kit Mode", which correlates to defaulting to the speaker-phone ON, as well as BT connection...

Also check out this article about Verizon's car dock: HTC Incredible Car Mount, Gradient Case Pictures Leak! | Android Phone Fans

Hope this helps
    Tal
    -GB-

6. merc98

merc98 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea I tried that one out too, I want a multimedia mode like the moto has... :(
    Guess I will just have to create an app that will do it for me. :)

7. merc98

merc98 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yea, I have that red and black case and it is not that bad. Though i would prefer solid black i can do with the red to black fade.

8. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys - thanks all for the kind words on my Dad!

I kinda thought the Incredible would not work with the Multimedia mode. Can anyone state whether the original HTC Droid did or did not utlitize this feature? Was the Moto Droid the only phone with this capability? I will rethink buying the Incredible myself - I've grown very dependent on the alarm clock. Though I imagine there must be many others available on the Market? Just too lazy to check at the moment!

Anyway - for those with the Moto Droids looking to buy the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series - I will install a magnet for those that ask - no problem with this.! :) mikey

9. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    merc98,

Not sure what this is about? Perhaps posted in the wrong thread? Or are you asking for a red stripe on the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION (which is an available option)? :) mikey

10. claustin

claustin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice! I'm digging the new design. Really glad I pre-ordered :)

11. merc98

merc98 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was responding to lachmann's link he posted that had the car dock and the cover below it.

Dont let the lack of the Moto "Multimedia Mode" sway you way from the Incredible. It still has an alarm clock and a "Desktop Clock" mode that you can use. It is just a black background with white numbers and such on it. ill take a pic when I get a chance so you can see it. I like it more than the moto at night as it puts off less light even when the moto was in night mode.

12. Bobby J

Bobby J Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you plug in a headphone jack unobstructed?

Edit: I use a longer mini USB cord from another phone since the one they gave us was too short to reach my desired location. I have an converter on the end to make it into a micro and it doesn't look like there is enough clearance for the double plug.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  13. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bobby J, No problem plugging in your headphones - or any cable - the model has NO obstructions for ANY cables! :)

I'm not sure of what double plug you use, but each of those chrome metal rods are removable, so you should have no issues. By the way - I supply this MIKRADLE EVOLUTION with a 6' MicroUSB Cable for $34.99 (vs $31.99 without cable). No need for any converters! ;) Much "cleaner" look! :)

merc, thanks for the clarification! Also for the info on alarm clock! :) mikey

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  14. ksfrogman

ksfrogman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks very nice. Good job. Much better than trying to make a modified business card holder work.

15. Bobby J

Bobby J Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The size of the plug is 2" from the time it bends to the actual micro end. Do you think it will fit or should I ask, will it have enough clearance to sit on the desk properly?