INCREDIBLE DOCK AVAILABLE! MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series is here (Photos)!

Discussion in 'MIKRADLE' started by cuskit, May 7, 2010.

1. itzkr0me

itzkr0me New Member

Is this confirmed fully functional for an incredible? Charging cutouts work ok?
  2. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Absolutely! I used a store "dummy" for sizing and layout, then double checked the layout with a working phone. All my products are guaranteed to work as advertised. Thanks for your interest. :) mike
  3. itzkr0me

itzkr0me New Member

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!
  4. CatsTide

CatsTide New Member

he didn't reply to my comment/question...:icon_evil:
  5. cuskit

cuskit New Member

CatsTide,
    Sorry to have not seen this - I've been at the hospital all day with my Dad, but did check in with my Droid. Somehow missed this one.

A black metal insert would "disappear" as the rest of the unit is black. Though perhaps on one of the wood toned colors it might look good. I can check out black metal pegs - though I haven't seen them before. Plastic, but not metal. And I would not use plastic as they would be too prone to breakage..

I appreciate the suggestions. I'm open to any/all comments any wish to make! Thanks - mike :)
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
  6. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Lachmann, as just stated in my previous post to CatsTide - I seemed to have missed a few of these posts today. I don't know why - but they were not showing on my mobile version of the forums while on my Moto Droid..

To answer your question - YES! In fact - I had originally designed this model specifically around the Incredible - see my Signature ;) The horizontal inlay stripe came about as a solution to the protruding camera lens on the Incredible. I'll have to look back earlier in this thread - I thought I had mentioned that. Perhaps in my MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series introductory thread here in my Supporting Vendors Section.

Sorry if I'm not all here at the moment - my mind is on my Dad, who has suffered another setback... mike
  7. cuskit

cuskit New Member

CatsTide,

Please do not be angry if I miss a post here or there. Normally I'm on top of my threads, but I spent most of the day today in the hospital where my Dad has suffered a setback. I did check in with my Droid - but either my attention is so much on Dad or the mobile version of the forums does not update everything - I did miss some of today's posts. My apologies. I would hope all can be tolerant if any questions/comments are not immediately answered. I'll try to check in every few hours, but it is impossible to monitor these forums non-stop all day. I do have e-mail notifications set up, but they do not warn of every post, just initial postings.

Tomorrow I plan on being at the hospital again for several hours early, and then again late in the afternoon, so I would ask patience of those with questions. I will return all, but it may be several hours before I can do so. Cell phone usage is frowned on in the hospital, and I will only be able to check in by going outside on occasion.

Thank you for your understanding. No need for "evil" smilies. mike
  8. cuskit

cuskit New Member

I'd like to take a moment to advise those members who had ordered the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series and were told of either Monday or Wednesday deliveries that all have been delayed by a couple of days. Because of a medical emergency with my Dad, I've unfortunately spent most of the last two days at the hospital and have fallen behind. All have been built and will have final clear coats applied tomorrow. But be assured, all orders will have been shipped out by Thursday at the very latest, most of Mondays orders going out tomorrow. After these are all shipped, I'll have enough inventory completed to send all anticipated orders within 24 hours of purchase. I thank you for your patience. mike
  9. CatsTide

CatsTide New Member

dude...i thought you knew me better than that...half of what i say is in jest, half is incorrect and the other half is just plain bull crap.evil smileys are ....well just cool :icon_evil:

thoughts and prayers with your dad
  10. cuskit

cuskit New Member

CatsTide,

Here I am asking for tolerance, and then I make that statement! Sorry - it came across more stern than I meant! No problems here - should know just by your user name! Thanks so much for the kind words on my Dad. He's been through so much hell the last two years. At 88 (89 in a couple of weeks) he deserves better, but sometimes we can't pick and choose what's thrown at us.

Loved your statement on what you say! I kind of feel that way about myself many a day! :)

You are cool in my book! And I am taking your suggestion to heart! I'm thinking my cherry model might be a killer with black metal and pegs! I can get the black metal, but will have to search for the black rods. I'll do that when I get to the office tomorrow. I'm hoping I will find some in my catalogs. I know they have them in a straight 5mm, but not sure about the same as I am using, which have a 5mm stem, but the exposed part is 7mm, which is more suited for the "rugged" look I was going for. I believe my source has them only available in chrome or brass (brass is not a bad look with the wood tone colors).

Thanks again for your input. :) mike
  11. LoneStar

LoneStar New Member

I have a Mikradle on order that I'm anxious to get, but, as far as I'm concerned, please take your time. I know how it is to have ailing parents in the hospital. I've been there myself. You have my best wishes that all goes well....
  12. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Lone Star, I thank you very much for your words and kind consideration. I have to say, in the last six months this is almost becoming routine with Dad, but each time something new happens, it strikes close to the heart. He's been my best friend most of my life, I love him dearly and just wish I could snap my fingers and all would be well. It hurts so much to see him endure all this grief. But he is a strong hearted man, and through two broken hips, a stroke, a double by-pass, a coma, congestive heart failure and multiple falls with subsequent broken bones and tons of follow up therapy, he still manages to tell us "not to worry". Though his last months have been confined to a wheel chair (when not in the hospital) he is still more optimistic about life than many younger, more healthy people I know.

His last words to me before I left him today - "get your butt to the shop and get some work done. I'll hold down the fort here!" Gotta love the guy! :) mikey
  13. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

sorry to hear, mikey... best wishes to your family.
  14. merc98

merc98 New Member

Just FYI, I tried out DockRunner and it does not work on the Incredible. Error with force close. I know that there is the "Car Panel" Mode but from what I see for desktop mode is only the clock. Anyone other Incredible owners know of me missing something?
  15. Lachmann

Lachmann New Member

First: Mike - my prayer go to your dad...

Next, I can also confirm that neither the magnets nor DockRunner work on my Incredible either. It is interesting to note that the user manual refers to a "Car Kit Mode" when describing Bluetooth connection, so I assume there is a method to automatically invoke this mode, but can't find any documentation nor application that explains it. The Incredible is still rather "young" so there is hope...

However, there is a free app on the Market which allows you to emulate a dock scenario: Dock Simulator (confirmed running on my Incredible). When I tried it, it ran the built in Car panel when "Car Dock" was selected, but did not find any application that was associated with its "Home Dock" option. When you use this app in "car dock", you will get its icon in the notification area and your home soft button will trigger returning to the Car Panel home screen. It also set the phone into its "Car Kit Mode", which correlates to defaulting to the speaker-phone ON, as well as BT connection...

Also check out this article about Verizon's car dock: HTC Incredible Car Mount, Gradient Case Pictures Leak! | Android Phone Fans

Hope this helps
    Tal
    -GB-
  16. merc98

merc98 New Member

Yea I tried that one out too, I want a multimedia mode like the moto has... :(
    Guess I will just have to create an app that will do it for me. :)
  17. merc98

merc98 New Member

Oh yea, I have that red and black case and it is not that bad. Though i would prefer solid black i can do with the red to black fade.
  18. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Guys - thanks all for the kind words on my Dad!

I kinda thought the Incredible would not work with the Multimedia mode. Can anyone state whether the original HTC Droid did or did not utlitize this feature? Was the Moto Droid the only phone with this capability? I will rethink buying the Incredible myself - I've grown very dependent on the alarm clock. Though I imagine there must be many others available on the Market? Just too lazy to check at the moment!

Anyway - for those with the Moto Droids looking to buy the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series - I will install a magnet for those that ask - no problem with this.! :) mikey
  19. cuskit

cuskit New Member

merc98,

Not sure what this is about? Perhaps posted in the wrong thread? Or are you asking for a red stripe on the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION (which is an available option)? :) mikey
  20. claustin

claustin New Member

Nice! I'm digging the new design. Really glad I pre-ordered :)