INCREDIBLE DOCK AVAILABLE! MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series is here (Photos)!

Discussion in 'MIKRADLE' started by cuskit, May 7, 2010.

1. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Kevin, Yes, I've got quite a few cutting and assembly aids, jigs, templates, etc. But there's still no shorting the hand work - especially the sanding..

As for eBay, I sell most of my cradles direct through PayPal. eBay only accounts for about 15% of my sales. I debated dropping it altogether, but it is a steady source of a few dozen each week. The fees, oh well. ;)

I seldom use Minwax stains - they have zero colorant in them. And I agree - their cherry is brown. You should look at their Red Oak, or Red Mahogany. Either would give you a redder tone than the cherry. But these are all oil wiping stains. Cherry does not lend itself well to wiping stains, which is why I use a penetrating dye stain. But like I said - usually for the trade only. You may be able to locate a consumer variety from Behlen called Solar Lux. If any of your paint stores or lumber yards carry this - grab a bottle - this will come close to what you are looking for. And they have "reddish" tones that might come close to my stuff. Their Blood Red is all the red you'd ever need. Garret Wade sells it here: Behlen Dye Stains: Behlen Solar Lux NGR Dye Stain, Behlen Wood Finishes or you can Google other places. This is your best bet if you want that reddish tint.

Well, good luck! Post pix when it's finished! :) mikey

2. krosenqu

krosenqu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh no! Where is your website? I didn't know there was any other way of ordering so I ordered my two docks off ebay :confused:.

I'm going to my local paint store to see what they have for me. I might just end up staining it brown because I'm getting impatient at this point and I dont want to buy another can of stain for this little project. That, and I'm getting impatient. I've wanted speaker stands for a long time now :)

3. stam101

stam101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How will the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION handle the Droid X? I will be getting it when it comes out and would love for it to snuggle with a MIKRADLE EVOLUTION... Everything I have seen looks Amazing! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010
  4. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    stam, these two are a match made in heaven! :) Fortunately, the Droid X has similar dimensions to the original Droid (actually - most smartphones all fall in at about the same size).

But my new MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series was engineered to handle just about any phone out there, the Droid X just happens to be a sweet combination! :)

I haven't been able to determine if the X takes advantage of a magnet for multimedia mode. Can you confirm this? mikey

5. Danariel

Danariel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mikey, just wanted to make sure you had the right info here. The Droid X is supposed to be SIGNIFICANTLY larger than either the Droid or the Incredible, measuring in at a whopping 5.02 x 2.58 x 0.39 inches (similar in scale to Sprint's EVO 4g). The Original Droid measures 4.6 x 2.4 x .5 inches. The Droid 2, on the other hand, does look to have much the same dimensions as its predecessor.

I haven't been able to find anything on the magnet powered multimedia mode, I'm afraid.

6. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Danariel,

Thanks for those specs. No problem - the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series is sized to handle phones up to 5.75" in length, and even more (but above that and the phone would be extended past the sides of the cradle end panels, which is no biggy)! :) The width is also fine as the backrest is 2.75" above the pegs, and of course - a phone can also project higher than that with no problem. Like I've stated - this EVOLUTION is a very versatile dock/cradle in that it will handle EVERY smartphone on the market to date, and probably all those coming in the near future.

I've ascertained that the Moto X does indeed take advantage of a magnet for inducing the Multimedia Mode automatically. I'm waiting on specs for the exact location - it has been moved from it's location on the original Moto Droid. The magnet needs to be down near the bottom of the phone, and the MicroUSB port is also now on the lower left side of the phone, similar to the HTC Incredible. Plus - the X has two ports, the second is for I believe HDMI. I should have my final specs sometime before the week is out.

Thanks again! mikey :)

7. dantheman

dantheman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    These look great! I just ordered two of them, one for home, one for office. I look forward to receiving them.

8. Carbja23

Carbja23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered one today, can't wait to receive!

9. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dantheman & Cabja23 - I thank you both for your purchases! Thanks for becoming members of the MIKRADLE Owners Club! :)

I appreciate your enthusiasm and look forward to your feedback! :) mikey

10. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    hey, i put a link to the newest pics (now post #155 after some edits, apparently) in your OP. just so folks don't have to search for it.. ;)

also, you posted in the droid x forum and it looks like it's getting some attention and needs a few questions answered.

bump!

11. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sam - thanks a million! :)

Not sure why - but I'm not getting email notification of new replies over there even though I subscribed to instant email notification. mikey :)

12. johaBBa

johaBBa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just ordered two docks and a 6' cable for Droid X, but I forgot to specify the color!

The order was for droidforums.net member: johaBBa.
    Please send two black docks for Droid X with magnets. Also, is your cable for the Droid 1 or Droid X?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  13. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    johaBBa,

Thanks for the order! Got your message and information from PayPal - thank you very much.

The cable I provide is a 6' MicroUSB cable, which I believe is the same for both phones (I'll know this for sure within the hour). I do NOT provide the HDMI cable at this time, but will be in a few weeks (for an additional fee, of course). :)

You will be receiving an e-mail confirmation for your order with delivery information sometime later this evening. I'm just now finalizing the magnet location.. ;) Thanks - mikey :)

14. johaBBa

johaBBa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome!

On the cable, I just need the USB power/data cable.

I went around to a few VZ shops/resellers in my area for lunch today. There are about 5 in a 1mile radius here. I was looking for a better case than the rubber one I got from the VZ store at lauch. I'm sure I killed a few sales of the Motorola Docks when I talked about the Mikradle and the fact that people will have to remove any case to fit the Droid X into the Motorola Dock. I also showed pics of your dock from my Droid X.

Quite a few people decided against the Motorola Docks and cases they were about to purchase when they overheard me talking about the Mikradle. You probably have a few more orders coming your way. :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  15. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome!

On the cable, I just need the USB power/data cable.

I went around to a few VZ shops/resellers in my area for lunch today. There are about 5 in a 1mile radius here. I was looking for a better case than the rubber one I got from the VZ store at lauch. I'm sure I killed a few sales of the Motorola Docks when I talked about the Mikradle and the fact that people will have to remove any case to fit the Droid X into the Motorola Dock. I also showed pics of your dock from my Droid X.

Quite a few people decided against the Motorola Docks and cases they were about to purchase when they overheard me talking about the Mikradle. You probably have a few more orders coming your way. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey! Thanks for being one of my "salesman"! ;)

MIKRADLE was actually born out of my own frustration with the "case removal to charge" issue. That got tired for me in the first two days I had the Moto dock - so I took things into my own hands. I've never looked back.. :)

Thanks again! :) mikey