INCREDIBLE DOCK AVAILABLE! MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series is here (Photos)!

Discussion in 'MIKRADLE' started by cuskit, May 7, 2010.

1. cuskit

cuskit New Member

EDIT: See Post #115 for all the latest photos of all available colors in the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series lineup! :) mikey

Okay - it sure took long enough, but I've finally got photos for posting. This is the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series, a subtle but definite departure from the original Classic Series. There has been a significant number of changes.

Obviously, the look has changed - updated to a more contemporary look. The side panels have lost their sweeping radius and have slimmed down, gaining a sleek look to them, with an emphasis on angles rather than curves. The back rest now includes a featured inlay stripe. It is recessed to allow clearance for the protruding camera lens on the Motorola Incredible. Rather than a specific location of a recessed and dedicated area for this particular camera lens, I elected to emphasis this purpose with an inlayed horizontal stripe which would not appear to be proprietary for a single phone.

Gone is the solid lower shelf with it's dedicated cutout for a MicroUSB cable. Instead, the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series has a new and exciting array of chromed steel rods employed for supporting your Smartphone. Imparting a high tech and contemporary look to the phone - they are unique in that they are removable. The spaces between centers of these rods allows for great versatility relative to the wide variety of USB Cable port locations. But should you have a phone in which one of these rods impede the exit location of a cable, simply remove that particular rod! Viola! No more discarding your dock when you buy a new phone! No need to purchase new - just utilize this novel feature to accommodate any cable port location!

I'll point out at this point that this same approach to accommodating most phones also facilitates the use of all covers as well! Due to this open design - the use of both hard and soft covers is allowed and encouraged, increasing the versatility of this dock tenfold.

The side panels, other than their new, more sleek look, have also gained utility purpose. They are now flush with the back rest - purposely designed this way so as not to impede any exiting of cables on either side of the phone while in either a horizontal or vertical position. This includes audio as well as charging and syncing cables.

The chromed steel rods will allow for installing your phone in the horizontal position as well as vertical - your choice! No turning your head to an awkward position to read sideways text or photos laying on their sides - you simply rotate the phone to whichever position is convenient for the display you wish to view!

All MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series will have the black felt applied to the backrest. This includes the wood toned colors as well as the solid black (pictured) and the latest color to join the fold - solid white. The solid white is available with a white felt applied, though only be special request (black felt is standard).

For now - the inlay horizontal stripe is a solid strip of brushed aluminum, with a clear lacquer coating to protect it from corrosion. Down the road, I will be offering this inlay in custom metals and unlimited colors as well as customized engraving. Should any wish to have a company name, brand, logo, phone model, owner name, etc., including any text phrase - this option will be available by special order, and with an additional charge to be determined in the near future.

This new MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series is designed to work with just about every smart phone currently available, including the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch. Because of the open design of this series, no cable port location restrictions allow for this freedom. For those who would like to purchase this model for use with a Motorola Droid, be aware that it will NOT be offered stock with a magnet to automatically induce the Multimedia mode, you will have to request to have the magnet installed. Obviously the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series does accommodate the Moto Droid (pictured), but I've elected not install the magnet as this cradle accommodates so many different phones. Note: I will install magnets for those who specifically request it. I will NOT be discontinuing the Classic Series, it will continue to be offered as an supplementary line to the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series and as always will have the magnet installed.

Ordering this product:
    I am offering the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series to all registered forum members for only $37.99 and if you need the magnet (Motorola Droid I & II) the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Magnet Series is $39.99. If you wish to include a 6' MicroUSB Cable, add another $4.00. Payments should be PayPal to my account name: lubrich@optonline.net Be sure to include your forum user name, color choice and WHICH PHONE YOU OWN. Those who have the Motorola Droid I or II be sure to order the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Magnet Series! Also include a shipping address, especially if your PayPal account has not been updated with current shipping addresses. :) Classic Series are still part of our current lineup, and sell for $36.99. If you have the Motorola Droid X, then you will need the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X Series, which is $45.99. This series does have a magnet installed. See here for ordering information as well as the complete MIKRADLE Lineup: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mikradle/80837-mikradle-model-lineup-price-list.html

Of course, USPS FIRST CLASS MAIL Shipping is FREE!

Okay - here they are. The MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series! (edit: see Post # 117 on page six of this thread for individual color photos).

Colors (left to right) Cherry, Mahogany, Oak, Walnut, White and Black
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here's a closeup of the removable steel rod used to support the phone:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  2. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

Looks different but cool. Looking forward to using mine :) I will also post what i think about this Version of the Mikradle. I have a feeling i will like it. I will also post some pics of the Incredible in the Mikradle.
  3. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I was just saying to Hook Bill a few minutes ago I hadn't heard much from you, then I look and see you just came out with the Mikradle Evolution. I like the style of it a lot. Looks like another winner my friend.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

HELLS YEAH!! I knew it would be a good decision to buy it sight unseen.

It looks better than I imagined. My wife is going to love her cherry one.

-Mike
  5. Sparty83

Sparty83 New Member

Looks great there Mike. Definite departure from the classic one, but I like it. Now it looks like I'm going to have to get one of these too!! Oh well, it's for a good cause. Great job, and again, excellent work on the design and build. :motdroidhoriz:
  6. theecigarman

theecigarman New Member

Mikey,
    You hit it out of the park again. What can I say? It's classic yet stylish. It even goes a step forward and has an edge to it. Great job, man.

Geoffdancedroid
  7. cyber3dx

cyber3dx New Member

Beautiful design! Looks really well done.
  8. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

it must've been tough to account for multiple charging ports... it's a really intuitive design... great job :)
  9. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Wonderful Response to EVOLUTION SERIES!

Well, my wishes have been granted! I'm receiving an overwhelming response to this new Series! I want to thank all those who have posted compliments here as well as the tons of e-mails I'm receiving hourly! Wow! I had hoped for an enthusiastic response, but never in my dreams expected this volume of orders! I can't keep up with the email confirmations going out! I need a break! :) Thanks so much! It's well worth all the untold hours I spent getting this model to the point of production. Happy Sigh.. :) mikey
  10. Lasher

Lasher New Member

love it! :heart:
  11. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Good Lord! As theecigarman said - I've "hit one out of the ballpark" with this new model! Orders as of early evening yesterday have exceeded the inventory I had in stock. Holy Cow! :) So - those ordering after 7:00 pm last night are receiving notification of shipping on Wednesday, May 12th, when my second batch will be completed. I'm blown away with how many Incredible owners we have out there! :happy: EDIT - correction - many of these are from Moto Droid owners! ;)

Congratulations to DG from Wisconsin for being the very first to order all six colors available (one of each)! I've had multiple orders before (one order of 12 Oak Classic models and another order of 12 Cherry Classic - both for office employees), but buying one of each color is a precedent! Thank you DG! :hail:

As with the Classic line - black is the most popular so far, though barely edging out mahogany. Cherry is holding at third with oak and walnut rounding out the wood colors. The newest color, white, is doing okay for a new color - eleven sold so far! So, can I say I'm tickled pink with this response to the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series? Oh yea! :icon_ lala: They'll be no time off for us this coming week, I can say that!

Thank every one of you who have ordered! Your patronage is extremely appreciated!

Also - please be sure to include your forum "user" name when sending in the "forum special" price payment. I've had several orders now without that included. To get the discount - I need to verify membership, so please, take note of this fact. Thank you!

Meanwhile - Happy Mothers Day to all those beautiful Moms out there! :) mikey
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  12. feeble

feeble New Member

Payment sent for a black one w/o charging cable. Thanks for bringing this to market!
  13. cuskit

cuskit New Member

feeble,

I thank you very much! You've got mail confirming your order and shipping date. And that's it for Wednesday shipping! All orders after 11:30pm tonight will be shipping out Friday, May 14th - batch #3! Whew! :) Thanks again to all those emails coming in! What a weekend! :) mikey
  14. CatsTide

CatsTide New Member

i haven't got mine yet but i'm wondering how black metal pegs and a black metal insert in the back would look?...maybe an option....or maybe even an addon option....
  15. Lachmann

Lachmann New Member

Mike,

Would this dock work for the HTC Droid Incredible as well?

Dimensions? 4.63H x 2.3W x 0.47D, 5oz...

Thanks