Incredible 2 screen non-responsive after home digitizer repair

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by signalfire2005, Jan 24, 2012.

1. signalfire2005

signalfire2005 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a new forum member and I am hoping that I am posting in the right spot. I have a Droid Incredible 2 that I dropped and cracked the screen. My husband replaced the screen and everything worked great except the bottom row of lighted keys (home, back etc.) wasn't back lit, but were functioning. My husband did some checking around and felt that he damaged the digitizer (not sure if initially or after he went back into the droid after the keys weren't back lit). He replaced the digitizer and now the screen is not responding. You can tell it is sort of trying, but the downward swipe starts to move the bar but not completely. If you can get it to open it is unusable because of the lack of screen touch control.

Any advice would be wonderful. My husband says to just sell on ebay and buy another, but I thought I would ask all of you wise and wonderful forum members first.
  2. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Senior Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Ratings:
    +14
    At this point I would take it apart and reinstall the screen. Its not going to hurt anything. You'll get less than $100 for a damaged phone. And now that I think about it a new screen is only $15 on eBay. Try that before selling it. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2!
Search tags for this page

droid incredible 2 digitizer

droid incredible 2 screen fix
how to replace droid incredible 2 digitizer
htc incredible 2 digitizer stops working
htc incredible 2 replacement screen
htc incredible 2 screen replacement

incredible 2 digitizer

incredible 2 digitizer replacement

incredible 2 screen replacement

incredible digitizer