1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Incredible 2 firmware update - rooted phone busted?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by canonlaw, Aug 26, 2011.

1. canonlaw

canonlaw New Member

Woke up this morning to a little android guy and an exlamtion mark on my phone. Phone downloaded new HTC Firmware (not sure which one) and now phone wont work. I can pull the battery, it will start up, and then a minute later restart to install the update. Gets about 10% through and then stops at that error.

Phone is unusable at the moment. Any ideas? Can I just delete the update file off the SD card?

Im freaking out here!!!!
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Is your device rooted? That may be why the update wont install properly.

If not it does sound like a corrupted download. I have read about people deleting the file off their SD and then redownloading the update. After which it went through successfully. I have never had to do it but its worth a try.
  3. vaurion

vaurion New Member

I'm having the same issue, my phone is rooted with AlpharevX. I've tried factory resetting and doing a battery reset, no luck. It just starts the update attempt as soon as I turn the phone back on, and it stays on the loading screen for hours. If I unrooted it, do you think it would help? Also, how would you do that?
  4. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I am not familiar with that ROM. Are you also on an incredible 2 as well?

If you unroot you would most likely be able to accept the OTA. Normally the update looks for certain files that most likely would not be present in a custom ROM. If it is an inc2 you have then I do not know the unroot procedure you would need to follow. But I am sure a quick google search would get you the info you need.
  5. thereegavin

thereegavin New Member

That may be why the update wont install properly.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
Search tags for this page

dinc2 firmware

droid inc 2 old firmware

droid inc2 update firmware trouble

incredible 2 forum

incredible 2 update