Incredible 2.2 upload issues

tarheel929

Reaction score
Hello, just got the new updates yesterday and I am seeing a couple issues. First, connections seem much slower. Second and the one I am most annoyed about it apps opening without me opening them. I seem to have 10-12 always open when I open my app killer. I call VZ customer service and I was told to do a soft reset and if that did not work I would need to do a hard reset. This is happening on both my phone and my wifes phone so I have to imagine this is happening to others away well. It a complete battery killer. I have recharged twice today. Anyone having the same issues? Any suggestions?

maxheadroom

Reaction score
I got the update this morning and I'm having the same issues. VZ Navigator and Skype keep opening and draining the battery. So far i hate the "upgrade". LOL

thePITman

Reaction score
After installing the update today, I closed the following programs. I just checked, and they're running again.

Amazon MP3
Flickr
Skype Mobile
Stocks

After closing them just now, I closed out of Manage Applications, then went back in, and Flickr and Stocks were running again.

Last edited:

Smokadime

Reaction score
Same here. Can't tolerate this alleged "upgrade." Plus, there are several internet issues (not opening to home page, no flash, etc.) as well. Arghhh! Talked with both HTC and Verizon customer/tech support, and after a failed hard reset their answer was basically "tough break."

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Same here. Can't tolerate this alleged "upgrade." Plus, there are several internet issues (not opening to home page, no flash, etc.) as well. Arghhh! Talked with both HTC and Verizon customer/tech support, and after a failed hard reset their answer was basically "tough break."

Take the phone to a factory store and have them reflash the software.

As for the apps running in the background and being restarted:

From Google Devs:
Android was designed from the ground up as an operating system (OS) for mobile devices. Its built-in application and memory-management systems were engineered with battery life as one of the most critical concerns.
The Android OS does not work like a desktop operating system. On a desktop OS, like Windows, Mac OS X, or Ubuntu Linux, the user is responsible for closing programs in order to keep a reasonable amount of memory available. On Android, this is not the case. The OS itself automatically removes programs from memory as memory is needed. The OS may also preload applications into memory which it thinks might soon be needed.
Having lots of available empty memory is not a good thing. It takes the same amount of power to hold "nothing" in memory as it does to hold actual data. So, like every other operating system in use today, Android does its best to keep as much important/likely-to-be-used information in memory as possible.
As such, using a task manager/killer to constantly clear memory by killing apps is strongly NOT RECOMMENDED. Generally speaking, you should only "End" applications if you see one which is not working correctly.

maxheadroom

Reaction score
Take the phone to a factory store and have them reflash the software.

As for the apps running in the background and being restarted:

From Google Devs:
Android was designed from the ground up as an operating system (OS) for mobile devices. Its built-in application and memory-management systems were engineered with battery life as one of the most critical concerns.
The Android OS does not work like a desktop operating system. On a desktop OS, like Windows, Mac OS X, or Ubuntu Linux, the user is responsible for closing programs in order to keep a reasonable amount of memory available. On Android, this is not the case. The OS itself automatically removes programs from memory as memory is needed. The OS may also preload applications into memory which it thinks might soon be needed.
Having lots of available empty memory is not a good thing. It takes the same amount of power to hold "nothing" in memory as it does to hold actual data. So, like every other operating system in use today, Android does its best to keep as much important/likely-to-be-used information in memory as possible.
As such, using a task manager/killer to constantly clear memory by killing apps is strongly NOT RECOMMENDED. Generally speaking, you should only "End" applications if you see one which is not working correctly.

On my HTC incredible, i was having to charge it multiple times per day before i started using a task manager. So far battery life has been my biggest issue until i got this 2.2 so called "upgrade".

slinky

Reaction score
2.2 has been fantastic for me. Got the 3500 mAh battery and the thing lasts for at least 2 days with heavy usage. I flashed from scratch and wiped it and haven't looked back.

svengoolie

Reaction score
Well I just got my phone a few weeks ago so perhaps I already had this update but I figured that's how these phones just are. If you haven't figured it out, if you have an app icon on one of your pages, it shows up in app killers as a running process.

buddysharp

Reaction score

Please post if anyone has had success having their Incredible "re-flashed" at the store. This release has definite issues and I'd like to go back.

OP
T

tarheel929

Reaction score
Does anyone know if "relay" loosed you data and current apps? Also to Google dev, why would Verizon suggest using an app killer to save battery? I had no battery issues until 2.2

maxheadroom

Reaction score
one of the programs that keeps running is VZ navigator. I dont even know why that was added to my phone thru the upgrade. The Incredible is preloaded with google. Why would i spend $9.99 a month on VZ Navigator when google maps is free.