Increasing Droid Razr RAM

droidx2010

Reaction score
Does anyone know what may be causing my Google Voice to be not sending messages? A few weeks ago, I tried to send messages & it seems to be stuck in send mode & I have to force a shut down. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I am not sure, since I don't have one I was only going off of what I found. Saw five different sites all listing it as 1GB, one of those being a Samsung site so that is why I mentioned it. However that could be incorrect, where is bsweetness he has one of those things....

On the lte version the quad-core wouldn't function right so they compensated with an extra gig of ram:D

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

drew96dawg

Reaction score
To improve ram I use an app called fast reboot. I frees up 150-250mb on this old d2 so it should work great for 1gig

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Does anyone know what may be causing my Google Voice to be not sending messages? A few weeks ago, I tried to send messages & it seems to be stuck in send mode & I have to force a shut down. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Might want to create a new thread about your issue, since it is unrelated might get better support that way.

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The RAZR has the same 1GB of RAM the S3 does.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

The international 3G/HSPA+ version of the S3 has the quad-core Exynos 1.4GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM.

All of the LTE versions of the S3 have the dual-core Snapdragon S4 1.5GHz processor and 2GB of RAM (except for the Korean super-duper version that has LTE, a quad-core processor, and 2GB of RAM). The T-Mobile version is the only one I know of that has the dual-core Snapdragon S4 and 2GB of RAM with no LTE (just HSPA+).

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Awesome thanks Bsweetness, I guess all the ones I was reading were for international. So do you notice a difference between the 1GB of the Razr and the 2GB of the S3?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Awesome thanks Bsweetness, I guess all the ones I was reading were for international. So do you notice a difference between the 1GB of the Razr and the 2GB of the S3?

Given the way that Android handles processes, I really didn't think I'd notice a difference before I received the S3. I was wrong. The bump up is definitely noticeable. Coming from the MAXX, which was the smoothest, quickest phone I'd ever had, I didn't expect much of a difference in the performance of the S3. But the S3 is a split-second faster at everything, and it doesn't get nearly as bogged down as quickly.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Thank you for welcoming me to the community. I appreciate your responses.

I might be a RAM a hog but many of the system apps are using a lot of RAM:
Settings 32MB
Google Services 13MB
Email 32MB
Homescreen 44MB
Swype 36MB

Other apps don't use much but all together they total about 640MB of RAM.

I was surprised at how much RAM was in use. Many apps don't have a Quit or Exit button as if that would make a difference.

Anyway, I guess I'll just have to make do.

Thanks for your help.

The capacitive back button at the bottom of the screen is the quit/exit button for most apps. If you just press the home button, that will (in many cases) keep the app open in the background. While it's not the case for every app, if you tap the back button until you exit the app, that will completely close it out.

droidx2010

Reaction score
Might want to create a new thread about your issue, since it is unrelated might get better support that way.
Yeah - I did bit no one is replying. Maybe you can jump on the thread & help me out?

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Given the way that Android handles processes, I really didn't think I'd notice a difference before I received the S3. I was wrong. The bump up is definitely noticeable. Coming from the MAXX, which was the smoothest, quickest phone I'd ever had, I didn't expect much of a difference in the performance of the S3. But the S3 is a split-second faster at everything, and it doesn't get nearly as bogged down as quickly.

I agree with everything you said about the way the 3 is slightly quicker. Given the processor is a 1.4 gigahertz as opposed to a 1.2 gigahertz I gotta wonder how much of it is actually the ram or processor. Either way I don't feel that much of a difference considering the ram has doubled and it's running a faster more efficient processor. In fact in many areas the razor is much more responsive to me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

smokeyrd

Reaction score
I have 16TB of ram on my phone and a 6 petabyte storage drive. Problem now is that in the process of soldering my phone to the ATT southeast region telecom relay hive, i lost the radio...anyone have an extra? :p