Increasing Battery Life

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Have been draining battery fairly quickly, any advice/tips/tricks to maximize battery life?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
What is your normal usage? What SOT? AND how long is it lasting? Are you stock? What version?

S6E+ tapatalk

OP
DESERPENTOR

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
I am getting 3 - 5 hours of use, using Android 5.0 im not upgrading to make sure Bluetooth is compatible with my vehicle. Stock.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Stop all automated tasks like mail checking, weather app updating, app update checking etc. I go to bed with 100% and wake up with no less than 98% because nothing is happening. And that's using the phone as my alarm. All that time blue tooth and WiFi are on and I can still get 40 hours on an LG G4.

My G-Mail and contacts and calendar, among other things, only update when I open them.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Idk if I could live like that. I think I'd forget to check my email if I didn't get a notification once in a while. Not to mention, doesn't gmail work on push instead of polling? Does that really use that much battery when the server is sending info to the phone instead of the phone checking periodically for info?

OP
DESERPENTOR

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Where can I disable app updates and weather updates? I need email updates due to business.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You'll have to do most of that on an app by app basis. For instance, apps like Facebook and Twitter have options in there settings for sync frequency or something like that. Most offer options like every half hour, every hour, every two hours, manually.

As for weather, that will also depend on what you use for weather, but should be similar.

You could also restrict background data in the data usage settings, but I'd change the settings in each app before I'd do that.

OP
DESERPENTOR

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Thank-you!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Location is another big thing that people suggest you turn off. That may not be as necessary if you set most apps to manually check for info, but could help to turn it off unless you're using it.

Personally, I leave mine on for Google now & other things, but GPS can hog battery. Especially in high accuracy mode.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
All those notifications add up. If you need the mail notifications extend the time between checking. You are correct about G-Mail being more of a pull but it can be set to do that in the background so make sure it isn't.