Increased charging time with BB V0.5

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by satriani72, Sep 28, 2010.

1. satriani72

satriani72 New Member

Has anyone else noticed the time it takes your Droid to fully charge has increased? I'm not sure what could cause this issue and was curious if anyone else noticed!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. Woolybully67

Woolybully67 New Member

I noticed that at first too. Also when I had it plugged in the back of my Droid got super lava hot like the CPU was having a party even tho the screen was off and I had setcpu to max at 550 when plugged in. Seems to have been "fixed" either with a reboot or just because with the next reboot I also installed an OC kernel that had a better power profile I guess.
  3. cdick133

cdick133 New Member

It was more likely your battery that was getting hot. I've had it happen occasionally.

Charging seems quick as ever for me, though.
  4. Woolybully67

Woolybully67 New Member

Guess it could have been that, or both. It definitely took longer to charge tho which points to the CPU spinning its wheels doing a bunch of nothing.

The best way I could describe it is if I compare it to trying to charge my Droid in the car with a cheapy 500mW cig charger. While I have navigation on and the screen turned on while playing music or something this same type of thing happens. The battery can actually discharge faster than the charger can supply juice or the drain/charge rate is almost the same so the battery % will barely move at all. If I turn the screen off it does charge, but at a much slower rate than if I have nav turned off and it's just idling.