Increased background noise on Rezound with Plantronics 975 bluetooth

dxb

Reaction score
I've been using a Plantronics 975 Discovery headset on my OG Droid for months without any problems. As soon as I switched to a Rezound, people started telling me that the 975 was picking up background noises that it never did before. Typing, breathing, conversations of people 2 rooms away. I've tried repositioning the headset on my ear. When using the phone directly, these sounds are not transmitted. Has anyone had this problem?

djonathang

Reaction score
Yes,

I have had a change in my Plantronics 925 and my Rezound. I was using a Droid X, and it was perfect. I love the 925. I drive a jeep, which has a lot of wind noise (no lexus). I could hear callers perfectly with a high volume output, and they could not tell I was on a mobile.

Now I have a Rezound, and the sound quality is terrible. A lot of "swishing" with my voice. Unintelligible for the most part. Very frustrating. My desire to solve this problem led me to your post.

DG

I've been using a Plantronics 975 Discovery headset on my OG Droid for months without any problems. As soon as I switched to a Rezound, people started telling me that the 975 was picking up background noises that it never did before. Typing, breathing, conversations of people 2 rooms away. I've tried repositioning the headset on my ear. When using the phone directly, these sounds are not transmitted. Has anyone had this problem?

OP
D

dxb

Reaction score
Last week's update had a fix for an audio quality issue. I haven't noticed any difference on the phone directly. I haven't used the BT since the update. It was working better prior to that, after restarting a few times.