Increase the volume?

Itiswrit10

Reaction score
Is there anything anyone knows about that will definitely increase the volume on an S4. My lack of volume is when I listen to media, not while I'm on the phone. That volume can be turned up but anything else seems much softer with no way that I know of to increase it.

gadgetuk

Reaction score
In movies I use Mx player pro and use software for the audio and this virtually doubles the output..other than that I have seen a thread that a rooted phone and a patch can increase the sound but I have 4.3 on mine and I have not had a reply yet if it can be used on this firmware yet...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
I hear Ya - If Im asleep - theres no way Im hearing any alert - regardless the attempt to max out all volume levels in sound settings.
Guess I'll be checking out the new app shown above.

In movies I use Mx player pro and use software for the audio
Come On - what do you mean - using software?

Last edited:

gadgetuk

Reaction score
In the mx player ..when playing a video...in top right corner ..the music symbol..select that...then tick the box...use s/w audio decoder...then your volume will go up to 30 instead of 15...:)...neoart..are your sounds off at night? As I use blocking mode between the hours of 11 pm till 6 pm? Or you may have some other app doing a similar thing

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
Went through all Sound & Device settings-
Night Mode is not in the list.

gadgetuk

Reaction score
But works fine in the day?

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
I seem to keep finding the ring tone at lower level-not sure who's in charge-
Probably some minor glitch from playing flight sim or tunes/video.
If I dont see the incoming call-good chance its missed.

gadgetuk

Reaction score
Well really it's a process of elimination...as to when this started happening...it may mean to back up your phone and do a reset...seems strange though that the ring volume changes as media, ringtone and notifications have separate settings...I be inclined to do a reset...try not playing the games just for one day to see if your volumes ok...if still happens then looks like it's going to be hard to track down and a reset is the only option..also switching off the phone and restarting makes a difference a lot of the time...good luck

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
Is there anything anyone knows about that will definitely increase the volume on an S4. My lack of volume is when I listen to media, not while I'm on the phone. That volume can be turned up but anything else seems much softer with no way that I know of to increase it.

My S4 is the same way - call volume, etc. is fine, but I just got around to playing some sound files and even my ancient Droid X was louder! "Media volume" is maxed out and it's still terrible. Are Itiswrit10
and me the only ones with this problem?

gadgetuk

Reaction score
No unfortunately...the only real way it's too root and change the Rom..and there is a volume booster file around which apparently works..but I'm on android 4.3 now and I've had no reply if this works..as I'm prepared to root it, as long as the volume booster works

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
The app Volume+ seems to help. Has anybody else tried it?

Low media volume is one of the few things that I don't like about this phone.

gadgetuk

Reaction score
I have the volume+ app but does not work on jelly bean...like the developer says..it can work on unofficial roms as it boosts the volume on my Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 tablet running cyanogenmod 4.3.1