Increase Battery Life? You can help Team Liberty!

jzmax22

Reaction score
its funny, i see all these stats with extended battery and i get better battery life with the normal battery. guess there is no need to buy the extended battery.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
its funny, i see all these stats with extended battery and i get better battery life with the normal battery. guess there is no need to buy the extended battery.

Signal strength greatly effects battery life... So that may be why you get better battery life than others, even those with extended battery's

rcglider

Reaction score
if your battery is completely dead youre gonna have to let it get a little bit of charge before your phone will boot
Yes, my last post was premature; it's been a long time since killing the battery.

no worries. just remember to have normal use on your phone this time. 4 hours batt life is horrible

Note I was streaming video from my slingbox via 3G, with wifi scanning every 30s AND GPS on!! 4 hours is exceptional.

Edited for clarification

Last edited:

mikex

Reaction score
This is after day one. Charged battery to 100% wiped stats. Then, used normally for the day. Still confused as to if I was supposed to charge battery to 100% wipe stats then let the battery drain to dead without using it at all then charging it back up to 100% and using it normally? Anyway, great battery life, but really didn't see a difference in what I was getting before the tweak.

Zach08

Reaction score
Instructions?

Ok I followed the steps in the OP drained battery to 0, now charging back to 100%. I was unplugged for 34 hours before it died. It did reboot once but I used it regularly browsing the web, facebook, gps, and other normal usage. I have pictures to prove it but phone died before i could post them. I was pretty impressed, I realize the real test does not start until i re-charge to 100% and begin monitoring and using normally. Now my question is do i need to re-wipe battery stats after i charge back to 100%??? Thanks

jzmax22

Reaction score
this is the best i could do for ya, sorry i have to go to work and my reception sucks there so i need the most battery i can get. i have to throw it back on the charger for a few . hope this helps.View attachment 27161

brenneisec

Reaction score

rcglider

Reaction score
no worries. just remember to have normal use on your phone this time. 4 hours batt life is horrible

Note I was streaming video from my slingbox via 3G, with wifi scanning every 30s AND GPS on!! 4 hours is exceptional.

Edited for clarification

oh! that makes much more sense haha. my bad
that isn't to say it was any better than before the test, and I did it in improperly anyway. Using streaming alone would be a good way to test it though I'd think.

djdlite512

Reaction score
Wow, not sure what happened but day 2 after letting the battery die (which took a long time...22 hrs!), letting it charge turned off, today it seems to be back to normal....It's been off charger at 4 am and at 2 PM at 60 percent.

It's like the tweak ran out on it...hehe

Anyway, I bet once I set the Droid Overclock back to my settings I use, I'll see some enhancements.

PS..now that I think about it...these numbers after this amount of time is not bad at all considering I'm not using the Droid Overclock.

Last edited:

Zach08

Reaction score
Results after I let the battery die, will post more after 2nd time to do test. 34 hours unplugged, and 24+ hours since accidental reboot on regular battery.
aefd600f-f473-1231.jpg
aefd600f-f494-0f1b.jpg
aefd600f-f4a7-9859.jpg
aefd600f-f4c0-fec1.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

snot

Reaction score
Participating. Just installed .zip, removed su rights from droid overclock, charged to 100%, cleared bat stats, now discharging. Will post results tomorrow.

I like the battery icon!!!

krauseke

Reaction score
Arghh....

I'm not buying the strength of the extended battery....

I have:
Droid X - Liberty 1.5
Seidio 2600 mAh extended battery
Wifi only on when home (using Tasker to manage that)
No GPS unless opening app that requires it (again with Tasker)
Drained, wiped, charged then ran a normal cycle

I'm starting to think something is wrong with my phone... My wife's (completely stock) lasts at least 2 days. I'm tempted to take it back to Verizon - but would like confirmation that this is decent or bad performance from the battery. I would expect 2-3 days of average use out of a phone (that's what my BB Bold gets...)

Anyway, here are the screen shots:
CAP201102091557.jpg

CAP201102091558.jpg

pkbest

Reaction score
Finally getting to trying this for you guys... amongst other things ;) Will hit u up and let you know via Twitter and on here...

hazmat780

Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure how desirable my results are.. But it is better for me. Hope this is of some help to you Kejar

(Sent from my Liberated Droid X via TapTalk)

ae8d83f9-2513-4674.jpg
ae8d83f9-2524-f3df.jpg
ae8d83f9-255c-8c0f.jpg

Nmayar

Reaction score
Here is another day for you. I hope this is all helping. Deffinatly seems to be lasting longer.
aefc3b91-3399-26f5.jpg

Sent from my Liberated DroidX