Increase Battery Life? You can help Team Liberty!

colchiro

Reaction score
You can use your phone like you normally would. They are saying after you clear battery stats and fully drain your battery then charge it fully. After that just use your phone normally and when it is almost dead post your stats

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Correction, they are saying to charge your phone completely before turning it on, which I suspect many people did not do.

jzmax22

Reaction score
random question. can i install the blur camera from the lib toolbox? or will this change anything.

Nmayar

Reaction score
Here is my first screen shot. Going again tomorrow from a powered off fully charged phone.

Sent from my Liberated DroidX

want a droid

Reaction score
Using WiFi uses less battery than 3G for those who said they were trying to drain their battery by using WiFi.

Nmayar

Reaction score
aefc2385-ee59-769f.jpg

Sorry here is pic

Sent from my Liberated DroidX

colchiro

Reaction score
Wi-fi uses less battery only when it's available and connected, o/w it uses more battery.

Last edited:

jzmax22

Reaction score
Random dumb question. i was looking through liberty toolbox and think i actully switched the vm dalvik heap . what is the default setting for this? i havent rebooted so this didnt take effect.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ok, I want to do this, but I am waiting to see what the actual improvements might be for those of you already running the test.

Below is a screencap of my battery tonight...and this is about "normal" for me, except for a bit more phone call and the subtraction of surfing Droid Forums as I normally do.

Now, to me, this is pretty decent battery life considering I am rooted and running Liberty v1.5, no Set CPU, no Undervolting of any kind...just disabled things like syncing e-mail since I dont need my e-mail til I decide I want to download it..

snap20110208_195437.png

snap20110208_195437.png

Last edited:

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
wow.... first day running this and i must say im impressed.... 20 hours and 60% left that is unheard of... for the record i am using an extended battery and today i was busy @ work so i didnt get to play with my phone as much as usual but still thats ridiculous.... usually im down 50% just by end of the work day.
Is that an antivirus? You should uninstall that for even longer battery life!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

joe.bob

Reaction score
first day of testing and im pretty impressed. i'm usually already plugged in for the night by now... ran test exactly according to OP and here are my results. lots of phone calls, gps always on for beautiful widgets and nav, sync always on, screen on 100%, definitely not paper-weight mode, just a regular day. still showing 20% at 1053. using the oem extended battery, 1880mah. i'm really curious if everyone else with 'extended batteries' are using the same as me, or the huge one thats like 3000+ mah and requires the larger back cover. hope this helps, Kejar, thanks for all your work.

jzmax22

Reaction score
So far so good. Will post @
aefc2896-8fb9-f500.jpg
20%

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

PerCompLLC

Reaction score
Just my two cents...

I'm not running this test with the battery tweaks. I have the moto extended battery and am overclocked to 1.3Ghz, and I'm getting about the same battery life as the previous posts with moderate use. Additionally, I have a horrible signal in my office so my phone is searching for signal a LOT. I usually plug back in after about 17 hours at 30 - 40 percent left (sometimes 20%).

In any case, the battery life I'm already getting is more than adequate! :)

This is not to say that it couldn't be improved... And I look forward to the results of Kejar's testing. This is just to establish a baseline for improvement. I will post a screenshot tomorrow after a normal business day of use (3:30am - 9:00pm) for reference.