Increase Battery Life? You can help Team Liberty!

mr_brady

Reaction score
I'm in!

Testing it now. I've had the mod installed on my phone for almost 2 hours now. I've only very lightly used the phone to check Google Reader and am using WiFi, but the batter meter is still at 100%, which is very impressive.

Typically it drops to 90% within the first 30 minutes, even with the phone sitting idle.

want a droid

Reaction score
Not to shoot this down or anything, but I feel like most of this test will result in what you'd see from a placebo effect. This in fact could improve battery, but most will probably use their phone less while testing resulting in longer battery.

I'm curious to see how this plays out.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

teh_g

Reaction score
Not to shoot this down or anything, but I feel like most of this test will result in what you'd see from a placebo effect. This in fact could improve battery, but most will probably use their phone less while testing resulting in longer battery.

I'm curious to see how this plays out.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

We all need to do the same thing to test battery drain. Something that would flex whatever changes were made. So maybe just leave the screen on for 8 hours (overnight) while streaming via WiFi some music of some kind. We can do this before the tweak and after the tweak to view the changes.

I would be sad if I removed my undervolting, I am at 1d 0h 37m since unplugging and have 30% battery left :)

jhwarehouse

Reaction score
I've been using my phone the same as I usually do except I let it run down further than usual. This is on the first full charge. I got 21h 20m and was still at 20% or so when I plugged in.

jonwgee

Reaction score
Anyone looking to drain their battery fast, use the TuneIn Radio app with your screen on 100% brightness for about 3 hours. That should just about do it. ;)

colchiro

Reaction score
I turned on gps, blue tooth, wifi and went to bed, woke with 80%, went to work, set the screen to stay on, got home with 30%, then played games for about 30 minutes until it shut down. (I have the extended battery.)

Nmayar

Reaction score
Im in downloading and will get started

Sent from my Liberated DroidX

flyingfish

Reaction score
My phone rebooted itself while running test but had a full charge @ 11:30 at about 7:15 had 50% power at time of reboot sitting at 30% now also running extended battery. I am going to run juice out of battery and recharge and try again tomorrow.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

thahandyman

Reaction score
wow.... first day running this and i must say im impressed.... 20 hours and 60% left that is unheard of... for the record i am using an extended battery and today i was busy @ work so i didnt get to play with my phone as much as usual but still thats ridiculous.... usually im down 50% just by end of the work day.

I am going to play some videos/solitaire in a while and see how much that drops things. try to post a screen shot after ive diddled around for a while.

want a droid

Reaction score
I think only results with Display being the highest should count. No one wants to know user's results when they leave their phone sitting on their desk.

Edit: Here are some screens of my results (without the battery patch). Battery on 1.5 seems great to me!:

Note: See how I actually use my phone (as opposed to a paperweight :))

V7S30.jpg

9QRxD.jpg

Last edited:

Amagine

Reaction score
curious, should everything be left default? I'm interested in just what the liberty tweaks are? I'm seeing close to 48+ hours stand by and 20-36 hours moderate use with a combo of ultra low slot voltages, display timing and clock control.

gobbles23

Reaction score
Quick question, I am going to try this today but yesterday I turned my phone off and then plugged it in and it booted into bootstrap. I am just trying to make sure after I discharge the battery all the way and plug it in it isn't going to turn on. It will I need to attempt to put it in regular recovery mode? Does it still have the battery percentage and icon when phone is off and you plug it in?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App