Increase Battery Life? You can help Team Liberty!

brenneisec

Reaction score
how do you turn off email updates? And instead of turning ot off can you have it update maybe once or twice a day?

im assuming hes talking about auto sync. which i control with the stock power control widget. 4th spot. two arrows that form a circle.

If i use the power control widget and shut off the sync will that only effect gmail or other things to?

Will gmail then only update when I open it? This shouldn't effect my google voice text messages right?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

it will shut off anything that automatically syncs until you turn it back on. you can either turn it back on to sync gmail or open gmail and hit refresh. not sure if it refreshes as soon as you open. i dont use google voice so i cant answer that

billycowell

Reaction score
This really concerns me
I just joined the forum and I just pre ordered 2 Thunderbolts. My battery on DroidX runs dead in a few hours not all weekend why?

Billy Cowell

billycowell

Reaction score
Thanks I will do that I don't wanna be a nuisance plus I love reading the threds. I'm just don't know who to believe yet. so many people are saying big thunder bolt is going to have battery problems and a short life span in the market how do you feel

Billy Cowell

brenneisec

Reaction score
This really concerns me
I just joined the forum and I just pre ordered 2 Thunderbolts. My battery on DroidX runs dead in a few hours not all weekend why?

Billy Cowell
Your DX is getting revenge. Its pissed because you preordered 2 thunderbolts, so its sucking juice from battery to get even...
Man, there are 1,000 reasons your battery could be draining. More than likley, it because you have some **** apps installed that are running in the background, you're probably running automatic brightness, all the classic noob mistakes. Just take some time, read thru this whole thread, google & read up on battery life. Do some research & reading. The board modderators get pissed when people spam the boards asking the same questions 500,000 times... :greendroid:
(I still dont understand what preordering 2 thunderbolts has to do with Liberty battery stats. This will probably get moved to OFF TOPIC thread) :greendroid::greendroid:

okay the whole dx getting revenge thing really turned my day around. thank you for making me smile!

brenneisec

Reaction score
Thanks I will do that I don't wanna be a nuisance plus I love reading the threds. I'm just don't know who to believe yet. so many people are saying big thunder bolt is going to have battery problems and a short life span in the market how do you feel

Billy Cowell

the thunderbolt was having issues with battery life while on 4G. this problem has been addressed and will be fixed before the phone will be released. that is part of the reason why it has been delayed

echonaut

Reaction score
I was testing this, starting last night and all day today, and it was going pretty well, until just about a half hour ago my phone turned off. I had not been using it -- it was sitting on my desk -- and the last time that I looked at the battery life it was at 30%, according to the circle battery meter that the framework installed.

Now, it won't turn on. I can plug it in, and the green LED light will turn on while it's plugged in, but nothing else happens. It won't turn on at all. I can't get to the recovery, or the bootloader, or anything, nothing that I can do to try and restore anything.

Anyone have this problem? Anyone know what I should do? Should I just let it sit and charge, while plugged in, and hope that maybe it'll come to life in a little bit?

wooddale

Reaction score
I was testing this, starting last night and all day today, and it was going pretty well, until just about a half hour ago my phone turned off. I had not been using it -- it was sitting on my desk -- and the last time that I looked at the battery life it was at 30%, according to the circle battery meter that the framework installed.

Now, it won't turn on. I can plug it in, and the green LED light will turn on while it's plugged in, but nothing else happens. It won't turn on at all. I can't get to the recovery, or the bootloader, or anything, nothing that I can do to try and restore anything.

Anyone have this problem? Anyone know what I should do? Should I just let it sit and charge, while plugged in, and hope that maybe it'll come to life in a little bit?
Try doing a battery pull that should get you into recovery unless your bat is discharged completly

echonaut

Reaction score

Try doing a battery pull that should get you into recovery unless your bat is discharged completly

Turns out it had just suddenly and completely lost all charge, and even when it was plugged into USB (computer, was at work, didn't have a wall charger) it was just charging very, VERY slowly. Left it plugged in for about a half hour and it magically turned back on.

Sitrick2

Reaction score
I haven't been officially participating in the test (every time I've tried to do the full discharge and non-booted recharge something comes up and I have to turn my phone back on before fully recharging), but I have some feedback that might be useful.

I came to Liberty from Fission (where I was getting about 30 hours of battery life), and the first version of Liberty I installed was stock 1.5 with the battery tweak installed over it. I had a negligible difference in battery life from Fission.

The other day I decided to try the Liberty Honeycomb theme, and immediately lost more than half my battery life, down to about 8 hours. I've reinstalled the battery tweak and am now back to my standard 30ish hours.

Probably not particularly helpful, but the tweak is definitely doing something positive.

BaumbachVcV

Reaction score
If I don't want to post my results do I have to clear my battery stats? Can i just flash the zip and it'll work?

Sent from my Droid X rockin' Liberty 1.5!

Dark Crewman

Reaction score
Draining Battery now with fresh install of 1.5.

Install battery tweak and use my phone as i normaly do correct?

Any restrictions besides only using the stock theme and no OC or UV?

Report back the results before every recharge?

Whats the best screen capture program to report the results?

Dark Crewman

Reaction score
Not looking to good at 13 hours and at 40% way below were I was. In the 1st hour after unplug I was at 80%.

The phone has not even been being used since I work night shift I have been sleeping. Besides the display the next biggest consumer was 10% phone idle at 11 hours then 9% angry birds for 14mins of playing.
I'm going to finish this beta testing till 5% batt then submit my stats.

Dark Crewman

Reaction score
61fc27a5-f13f-2a51.jpg

Ok I'm done my beta test and here is my results.
I showed no improvement actually I used my phone less than I normally do and still showed lower battery %.

I how the project/beta goes well guys I really like liberty and appreciate the time and effort put into it.

Ill check back for updates.