Increase Battery Life? You can help Team Liberty!

kdkinc

Reaction score
Took me awhile to "kill" my battery ,almost backup to !00%.
Having phone withdrawal symptoms . lol
How long of a period will this test run for,a week ?

Thank Liberty Team for all you do.

I am surprised you were able to drain your battery so fast! was your phone fully charged before you wiped your battery stats?.. I mean, while I wrote this I had my phone already at 100% and wiped my own battery stats and I still have 30% battery, so I have yet to start charging again.... and I spent most of the morning reading an ebook on my phone?

Tests will go on as long as it takes.. :p

LOL...
yes on 100% charge.
I turned off wifi
Listened to tunein oldies radio station
had gps maps running
changed screen time out to 30 minutes .
took about 3 hours to kill battery.
followed direction as posted to get it as you needed.:)

gobbles23

Reaction score
I will participate. I might not be able to start until wednesday though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DroidX316

Reaction score
Participating now.Trying to find the quickest way to drain my extended battery..Playing a movie now and have the display on full blast.

colchiro

Reaction score
So I'm overclocked and undervolted with an extended battery. What do I use for a battery profile (what is stock)?

Never mind, found it.

Last edited:

Rockaholic

Reaction score
I'm at 6:23 right now with 60% remaining. I'm gonna have to start the test over though, because I need to charge my phone for school tomorrow. But as soon as its on I'll be resetting my stats!

jaxenroth

Reaction score
im in slick. will reset phone to stock liberty 1.5 in the am and inst your zip. good look on your rom, it rocks. keep it up.

wooddale

Reaction score
After I download the zip can I power off long enough to activate my other phone then turn back on and finish that way I could use my other phone or will powering down screw everything up.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
After I download the zip can I power off long enough to activate my other phone then turn back on and finish that way I could use my other phone or will powering down screw everything up.

Huh... your phone should already be activated???

After you reset battery stats you should not power down your phone, otherwise you will need to do that step all over again.

Sweettreat

Reaction score
I changed my sysctl settings as per another thread on here attempting to get a lil more performance. I assume I should disable that for this test, correct?

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I changed my sysctl settings as per another thread on here attempting to get a lil more performance. I assume I should disable that for this test, correct?

Yes, please!

wooddale

Reaction score

Huh... your phone should already be activated???

After you reset battery stats you should not power down your phone, otherwise you will need to do that step all over again.

Thought so just trying not to loose phone another question what is max temp battery should run at mine gets pretty hot sometimes up to 120 I know thats too high but is about 100 safe are boddies run at 98 lol

louy99

Reaction score
After installing all these steps, I noticed that when I turn my phone to use the larger virtual keyboard it won't turn the screen. And when I look at pictures the screen won't turn sideways to see the picture bigger. Anyone else have this problem??

Liberated Droid2 Yo!!

jzmax22

Reaction score
i will def be doing this once my replacement X arrives today. i will post results.
BTW, how long should i be running this test before i post any results? be honest the way i have Liberty 1.5 configured right now im getting 24hrs + on a full charge with pretty decent use. it varies from day to day.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i will def be doing this once my replacement X arrives today. i will post results.
BTW, how long should i be running this test before i post any results? be honest the way i have Liberty 1.5 configured right now im getting 24hrs + on a full charge with pretty decent use. it varies from day to day.

Wow those are goo results I can tell you that I do not and have not ever gotten 24+ hours on my phone.

Here is how I am hoping people will post their usage

after they complete the steps post your time before you next charge include a screen-shot of your "Battery Use" as well..

That screen-shot will provide us with the percent left along with how you used your phone... Obviously you will need to use drocap2 to get the screen-capture, as plugging the phone into your computer to do so will reset the information :p

I will give an example today in a few...

Oh and please make sure you phone was fully charged on your charge prior to posting your results.

Last edited: