Increase Battery Life? You can help Team Liberty!

kauthor47

Reaction score
I want to test this since I normally use my phone for listening to music while driving and inbetween classes. The OP directions don't seem particularly clear so I just want to make sure I'm doing this in the right order. I also put my overclocking voltages all back to stock and set the governor to ondemand.

-apply update.zip
-Use phone down to dead
-charge on AC but don't turn on, until 100%
-bootstrap to wipe battery stats
-reboot normally

if I'm wrong please correct me. I'm working on draining it down right now.

Last edited:

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I want to test this since I normally use my phone for listening to music while driving and inbetween classes. The OP directions don't seem particularly clear so I just want to make sure I'm doing this in the right order. I also put my overclocking voltages all back to stock and set the governor to ondemand.

-apply update.zip
-Use phone down to dead
-charge on AC but don't turn on, until 100%
-bootstrap to wipe battery stats
-reboot normally

if I'm wrong please correct me. I'm working on draining it down right now.
I`m not running this, but I am fairly sure after all the reading I have done in this thread, that you need to be on a completely stock Liberty v1.5 clean install with just stock Liberty Theme in order for this to make the most difference as well as giving the usable data back to Kejar...I dont know if that is exactly what you have, so just make sure...

"1st... Some of the tweaks will involve changes to the framework-res so I will ask that you run only the default theme... I include a circle battery icon so we can track the usage better (credit to Tom108 for the images)

2nd... I will need you to wipe your battery stats..

3rd.. Please do not overclock or underclock your processor while running these tests"

lakingslayer

Reaction score
I'm running the batt saver with the reboot patch on a fresh install. No themes were added. Here is a screen grab of my batt use.
4407ce92-37f1-7aeb.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mcp770

Reaction score
this thread is pointless. So much misinformation with people that put other patches on or made changes to theme our framework in general. Kejar needs to select a group of 20-30 and do a control group via gtalk.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
this thread is pointless. So much misinformation with people that put other patches on or made changes to theme our framework in general. Kejar needs to select a group of 20-30 and do a control group via gtalk.

I totally agree. Im one of those idiots that didn't run the patch and got almost 48 hours of battery life. Then posted screenshots all over this thread to prove that this ROM was fine without it.

Sorry Kejar. But your ROM is fine:)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

BodyBagz

Reaction score

I have to agree...there needs to be a test group running the Battery Mod and a control group running "stock" Liberty and no Battery Mod or any other mods. No way is Kejar going to get any reliable statistics from what I have seen posted so far...but thats just my very unscientific opinion...plus I sucked at doing statistics during my Bachelors course...:)

I totally agree. Im one of those idiots that didn't run the patch and got almost 48 hours of battery life. Then posted screenshots all over this thread to prove that this ROM was fine without it.
Sorry Kejar. But your ROM is fine:)
//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Add me to that obviusly really short list of "idiots" with great battery life from my Liberated Droid X with no Battery Mod. Granted, I am not on my phone all day with it either glued to my ear or in my hands, but I do use it...and I am steady getting 17-20+ hours on a full charge...down to 20% when put back on the charger at bedtime. IMO, that is excellent battery life out of a stock 1500mAh battery on a smartphone with a 4.3" screen...no complaints here at all...

Liberty v1.5 is fine...I fear there are some "shorts" between the operators and the equipment...:icon_eek:

From early this morning...:D
38868367767767512668.png

krauseke

Reaction score
Cell Standby Bug - Droid X and Eris (maybe others?)

This may be old news to most of you, but after months of combing forums I finally came across something that seems to be working. I noticed in Battery Usage that Cell Standby was pretty high up there. Not a big deal, until I tapped on it and saw "Time without a signal" was at 50%. Made me think it was constantly searching for signal - which it shouldn't as I'm in a pretty good area most of the time.

Googled this and turns out that there is a "bug" and fix. Did what I found (both the airplane mode as well as the #*# sequence. So far up 14hrs and at 60% on battery. "Time without a signal" is now at 0% as well.

Can't believe it took this long to find it! :icon_ banana:

mcp770

Reaction score
I saw the best advice ever somewhere on these forums for 24-48 hours of battery life on the droid x. I tried this and it works....."put the phone down once in a while". Works for me, getting 48 hours a charge with liberty.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I saw the best advice ever somewhere on these forums for 24-48 hours of battery life on the droid x. I tried this and it works....."put the phone down once in a while". Works for me, getting 48 hours a charge with liberty.
[sarcastic child rant]Oh Nozzzeee, that cant be right...u shud hav got a dumfone....whhhhaaaaaaaaaaa...[/sarcastic child rant]:rofl3::rofl3:

Seriously, people think you have to have the things glued to your head in order to justify having such a complete device...it boggles my mind.
:r_c:

Thankfully, I am a mechanic by trade, employed by the Fed Gov in my home state, which means i actually have plenty of time to screw off on my X...but I dont usually,other than to check the time to send a text back and forth to the wife or friends. So, conversely, my phone generally sits quite patiently on top of my rollaround tool box doing nothing...just as it should..and then when I take breaks or leave for the day, it gets pretty used...just as it should. Once I hit the house, its back to sitting dormant unless I am tweaking or trying themes out...or going through steps to try and help others here on DF...

nmtuna

Reaction score
I just did this yesterday, I charged my phone overnight, got up at 7:15 unplugged my phone, sent maybe 10 text messages, and read some tweets, and I'm already at 88%, in less than 2 hours. Doesn't seem to have done much of anything.

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Where are you reading 88%? 3rd party battery apps may not be accurate, or may need to be reset/recalibrated after doing this.

Wiping the battery stats from the recovery will only reset for the stock android stuff (lockscreen and notification bar). Most 3rd party apps use their own algorithms for checking battery.

droid x root

Reaction score
do i need to do the battery drain and everything if i just plan on installing it and using it and not reporting my statistics to you? or is it something that i have to do for it to work properly

fbmustang69

Reaction score
This battery thing works great. i can go 24 hours before i have to charge and thats awesome. I ran into a issue after a couple of days. i installed the blue crystal theme one night while my phone was charging. when it was done charging i unpluged it and the battery lasted about 4 hours. So i fully charged it twice and both times it would last 4 hours or less and thats sittting overnight. i reinstalled the normal theme and still did not fix. i had to wipe thing everyting and reinstall from scrach. it has been sitting for a hour and still at 100%. so i think it is fix. just thought i let you know.

Snobbert

Reaction score
I did this Friday night. It is now Monday morning.

Friday: Applied tweak, wiped and drained battery.
Saturday: Charged back up to top, and commenced to heavy use around 8:30AM. I even had to use about 50 minutes of Navigation for errands I had to run in Tampa, which I am not familiar with. Right before I went to bed around 11:30PM I had 30%. I then turned up brightness, and turned all the radios on, and played Angry Birds until it was drained. I then plugged back in for the night.
Sunday: Unplugged at about 8:30AM, used moderately, one 45 minute phone call, handful of texts, little AB, and a couple of other games, and email all day. I went to bed with 50% and didn't plug back in.
Monday: Awoke to 40% left about 7:30 AM. I am presently draining that off before I recharge.

For those of you keeping score it is now 10:20AM and I am at 30%. 70% drain in about 26 hours.

Commonly used apps:
Foursquare, GMail, Angry Birds, Atomic Bomber, Browser, Launcher Pro Plus (4 Widgets), Beautiful Widgets, Facebook, Twitter, Camera (a lot), Navigation, and Words with Friends

I hope this helps.

EDIT (2): It's now 3:18PM and it just died. A grand total of about 30 hours on one charge.

Last edited: