Increase Battery Life? You can help Team Liberty!

sephtin

Reaction score
I gave up on this my battery is doing much better without it and I like my themes

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Do I have to use the default theme when using this zip? Will it cause any errors if I use another theme? I just want to see how much better it can improve battery life on the theme I am already using.

This isn't a patch for Libety 1.5, it's a test that Kejar is kindly allowing everyone to participate in.... IF the testing goes well (and it seems to be), then I assume we'll be seeing these changes in a future version of Liberty.

To answer the theme question:
Themes REPLACE files... especially the framework-res.apk file, which holds a ton of the images for your phone (pretty much everything for the status bar, notification drop-down, etc. etc. etc.).
The battery patch in the first post consists primarly of that framework-res file. It WILL reset most of your theme back to stock/default when applied, because it will replace your framework-res with the patched version for this test.

Which is one reason the results of these tests are confusing.. because I'm seeing lots of different status bar battery icons in the screenshots being posted. if everyone was using the test patch.. they should all be the same!!!!! This tells me that people are either using {ninj|met}amorph, or they're not using the patch/test framework-res.

Thank you to those who actually read/followed the directions in the first post. I hope that Kejar can sift through all of the erroneous data for the good stuff here... If nothing else, this test seems to reflect that the placebo effect is extremely powerful... :p

Zach08

Reaction score
3rd time to run test. 17hrs is fine by me...

aefd70f8-48f6-8de0.jpg
aefd70f8-4908-4502.jpg
aefd70f8-491b-ad5b.jpg
aefd70f8-492a-70f4.jpg

HayWire

Reaction score
Attempting tto run it again after my previous attempts of draining it have been interrupted by work and other issues. I just topped it off sand wiped the battery stats so we will see how long I get and ill post the screnie. Still thinking about.that Verizon extended though.

HayWire

Reaction score

aefd70f8-48f6-8de0.jpg
aefd70f8-4908-4502.jpg
aefd70f8-491b-ad5b.jpg
aefd70f8-492a-70f4.jpg

What settings do you have yyour display at because mine is always at63% or higher ..how can I lower this?

imp3r10

Reaction score

aefd70f8-48f6-8de0.jpg
aefd70f8-4908-4502.jpg
aefd70f8-491b-ad5b.jpg
aefd70f8-492a-70f4.jpg

What settings do you have yyour display at because mine is always at63% or higher ..how can I lower this?

it might just be that he uses other apps more than you. his display might take same amount of of power but when you have other apps using power the percentages are gonna be off

sephtin

Reaction score
anyone confirm if this tweak works with themes?

Did you read any of the posts in this thread?

From the FIRST POST:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...e-battery-life-you-can-help-team-liberty.html
Some of the tweaks will involve changes to the framework-res so I will ask that you run only the default theme...

From 4 (FOUR) posts above yours:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...you-can-help-team-liberty-25.html#post1295766
This isn't a patch for Libety 1.5, it's a test that Kejar is kindly allowing everyone to participate in.... IF the testing goes well (and it seems to be), then I assume we'll be seeing these changes in a future version of Liberty.

To answer the theme question:
Themes REPLACE files... especially the framework-res.apk file, which holds a ton of the images for your phone (pretty much everything for the status bar, notification drop-down, etc. etc. etc.).
The battery patch in the first post consists primarly of that framework-res file. It WILL reset most of your theme back to stock/default when applied, because it will replace your framework-res with the patched version for this test.

Those are 2 of about 100 examples of this question being answered in this thread (to see them all, please kindly refer to the "search thread" button located at the top of EVERY PAGE on this forum).

In case there is still some kind of doubt... If you apply a theme, it will almost certainly replace your framework-res.apk which will remove the "tweak".

jaynyc22

Reaction score
Stock battery. Test 2. Normal usage.Running my own scripts and configs. Still had ~10hrs left at 20%

44c5907d-84c6-addb.jpg

44c5907d-84d7-6571.jpg

foxky

Reaction score
Stock battery. Test 2. Normal usage.Running my own scripts and configs. Still had ~10hrs left at 20%

44c5907d-84c6-addb.jpg

44c5907d-84d7-6571.jpg

that is amazing. wish I could get even 14 hours out of mine!

tapped on my LibX 1.5

Zach08

Reaction score

aefd70f8-48f6-8de0.jpg
aefd70f8-4908-4502.jpg
aefd70f8-491b-ad5b.jpg
aefd70f8-492a-70f4.jpg

I use the stock power control widget and manually change my display settings depending on where im at and which apps im using. I typically keep it on the lowest display settings since im inside most of the day. Hope this helps.

Craig_s

Reaction score
Quick question.

Do I need to reinstall the stock rom and then put on the battery tweak? Also, what if you reboot your phone on that first initial discharge after resetting battery stats.

mcp770

Reaction score
Thank you to those who actually read/followed the directions in the first post. I hope that Kejar can sift through all of the erroneous data for the good stuff here... If nothing else, this test seems to reflect that the placebo effect is extremely powerful... :p

People kill me. I work on an ambulance and in an er so i'm no stranger to stupi...I mean ignorant people. Would be really interesting to see Kejar's analysis of this little experiment. I got a replacement X so I'm about to give Liberty another go. Hopefully my bad experience with 1.5 was a malfunctioning X.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

People kill me. I work on an ambulance and in an er so i'm no stranger to stupi...I mean ignorant people. Would be really interesting to see Kejar's analysis of this little experiment. I got a replacement X so I'm about to give Liberty another go. Hopefully my bad experience with 1.5 was a malfunctioning X.

Actually....I think its the fact that people think they can run every app they have, all day long, while customizing their phone and still expect to get good battery life. Then they turn around and blame it on the ROM or device. That's what kills me:)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

mcp770

Reaction score
I blame myself for killing my first X. OC'ed into the grave. It locked up so I couldn't get the screen to turn on and got so hot in the short time it took me to take the case apart I thought it was going to burst into flames. It just didn't run right after that so sadly had to replace a great phone. Replacement is recertified but seems to run well. Don't think I will push the limits with this one.