Increase Battery Life? You can help Team Liberty!

willy221387

Reaction score
dont use power button

Push down the power button instead of holding it.

Yeah I already F'ed up and turned it back on. I'm at 20%...do I retry the whole process, leave it as is, or turn if back off and wait fit it to fully charge?

Id personally probably leave it be with the screen off. Kejar said to leave the phone off in the main post, I wouldn't think that's important enough to restart the whole process if you don't use the phone though.

i found that when turned off and charging you can also use the camera button to show charge % and no danger of turning on the phone

PerCompLLC

Reaction score
So I waited until it hit 100% in the battery circle up top and disconnected it. Within 5 minutes it was already at 90%....
Should I have not have disconnected it right when it hit 100? The charging lightning bolt was gone.
Keep in mind that the battery increments are 10% (except when below 20%). In other words, when your charge is at 98%, your battery status will show 90% even though you are really at 98%. It will always round to the lower 10% increment.

Stevessvt

Reaction score
So I waited until it hit 100% in the battery circle up top and disconnected it. Within 5 minutes it was already at 90%....
Should I have not have disconnected it right when it hit 100? The charging lightning bolt was gone.
Keep in mind that the battery increments are 10% (except when below 20%). In other words, when your charge is at 98%, your battery status will show 90% even though you are really at 98%. It will always round to the lower 10% increment.

Ohhhhh.....really? I thought it would have stayed at 100% until it actually hit 90%. Ok, I understand.

droidxethan

Reaction score
this sucks

alright guys my battery is seriously sucking im not sure this is even helping i went to sleep with 60 percent and woke up with 30 percent then it died about 30 mins later equaling about 9 hours of time off the charger and i barely even used it. this sucks idk what im doing wrong and the battery im using is stock but its brand new :/

beckerfj

Reaction score
Hey guys, somewhat off topic, but I tried searching the forums and couldn't find information on this (but it could be that I'm not really sure how to search for it) and since alot of people are posting snapshots of their screens, I thought I'd ask my question (sorry no snapshot).

How is everyone (even ones not running the battery tweak) getting their display percentage less than 50%?

I use my phone quite a bit, but I can't think it's more than everyone else. My percentage is HIGH...typically 60-75%.

I have auto brightness on, I have auto timeout at 2 min (so it doesn't shut off while reading on the browser), but most of the time I press the power button to turn off the screen.

As I said, sorry no snapshot, but right now my system says:

Display - 66%
Android System - 7%
Cell standby - 6%
blah...blah...blah...

Oh, I'm also running "unvolted" for battery life running:

300/20, 540/33, 720/41, 900/51.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, somewhat off topic, but I tried searching the forums and couldn't find information on this (but it could be that I'm not really sure how to search for it) and since alot of people are posting snapshots of their screens, I thought I'd ask my question (sorry no snapshot).

How is everyone (even ones not running the battery tweak) getting their display percentage less than 50%?

I use my phone quite a bit, but I can't think it's more than everyone else. My percentage is HIGH...typically 60-75%.

I have auto brightness on, I have auto timeout at 2 min (so it doesn't shut off while reading on the browser), but most of the time I press the power button to turn off the screen.

Display - 66%
Android System - 7%
Cell standby - 6%
blah...blah...blah...

I turn auto brightness off and slide the bar all the way over to the left. Mine is basically at zero.
aefd5be9-e1e0-b104.jpg

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

joneee

Reaction score

Display - 66%
Android System - 7%
Cell standby - 6%
blah...blah...blah...

It really depends on how you're using your phone, as that figure is the percentage of battery usage that one process is taking up. Sometimes my display is 70% because everything else takes so little battery, but there are times when my battery is 30% and voice calls is 40%. All varies based on how you use your phone so I don't think there's anything to worry about. Now, if you were getting something like Android System 70%, then you should start freaking out...

beckerfj

Reaction score

Display - 66%
Android System - 7%
Cell standby - 6%
blah...blah...blah...

It really depends on how you're using your phone, as that figure is the percentage of battery usage that one process is taking up. Sometimes my display is 70% because everything else takes so little battery, but there are times when my battery is 30% and voice calls is 40%. All varies based on how you use your phone so I don't think there's anything to worry about. Now, if you were getting something like Android System 70%, then you should start freaking out...

Yes, that makes sense too. I just got off the phone after talking for quite some time and checked it again. My display was 44% and my voice call was 30%.

Thanks for the clarification!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

Display - 66%
Android System - 7%
Cell standby - 6%
blah...blah...blah...

Yes, that makes sense too. I just got off the phone after talking for quite some time and checked it again. My display was 44% and my voice call was 30%.

Talking on the phone hardly uses any battery. Phone calls don't use display unless you have it on speaker with your screen timeout off. But if the phone is to your ear display is off. That's why I can have 50-60% talk time and battery doesn't move.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

beckerfj

Reaction score

Talking on the phone hardly uses any battery. Phone calls don't use display unless you have it on speaker with your screen timeout off. But if the phone is to your ear display is off. That's why I can have 50-60% talk time and battery doesn't move.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Ut oh...Seems like the deeper I try to understand the more questions I have.

I'll watch it for a few days and see what happens, maybe try running some tests.

All in all, I am not having any problems, I just thought this was one possibility of maybe squeezing out more battery life (assuming this is how one should read it).

droidxethan

Reaction score
I gave up on this my battery is doing much better without it and I like my themes

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Big Ry

Reaction score
My battery on liberty 1.0 & 1.5 is notably better than stock and MUCH better than fission. Never had an issue with battery on liberty.

I say, for those who DO have battery issues on liberty, SBF before flashing before claiming its the ROM.

And kejar and jared, keep up the good work :D

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

jjj751

Reaction score
Do I have to use the default theme when using this zip? Will it cause any errors if I use another theme? I just want to see how much better it can improve battery life on the theme I am already using.

wooddale

Reaction score
Do I have to use the default theme when using this zip? Will it cause any errors if I use another theme? I just want to see how much better it can improve battery life on the theme I am already using.

It is a test not a fix and if you want to help you have to follow the guide lines on first page or there is no point in doing it

mikey4226

Reaction score
My first set of data. Not quite as good as on stock rom, but decent.

Also, should I go through all the steps on in the OP for the second round of testing, or can I just plug it in like normal and charge it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Last edited: