Increase Battery Life? You can help Team Liberty!

droidxethan

Reaction score
My bad that was kinda confusing :/

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

brenneisec

Reaction score
My bad that was kinda confusing :/

no worries. just trying to make sure you were doin it right. there has been a lot of confusion on this thread

Yeah I guess I messed up a lil with the theme and what not but I guess ill just have to see what happens

if anything I'd just redo everything. with the stock theme on. that way youre sure to get accurate stats

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know this is suppose to be a test with the framework tweak, but I'm gonna run one my way first :) I'll be on the BH6X 1930mAh Extended from Verizon. Taking screeny's all the way through. Will post them tomorrow or Friday when done ;) So far really good Kejar. Since I'm big on batt. life/testing I wouldn't change a thing so far.

Big props on the ROM too by the waydancedroid

chefb

Reaction score
I know this is suppose to be a test with the framework tweak, but I'm gonna run one my way first :) I'll be on the BH6X 1930mAh Extended from Verizon. Taking screeny's all the way through. Will post them tomorrow or Friday when done ;) So far really good Kejar. Since I'm big on batt. life/testing I wouldn't change a thing so far.

So what your saying is just get an extended battery if you need more battery?....if so ....genious!

thahandyman

Reaction score
it seems like i can consistently get in the 16-18 hour range on the extended battery with these tweaks... to compare... with the same battery prior to these tweaks i was getting... 12-14 hours max and even that is skewed because when i get home from work i watch machinima youtube videos for probably 30-60 minutes.... and sometimes id charge while doing that.

long story short...kejar i think youre on to something here

Sweettreat

Reaction score
Where is everyone getting the stock battery stats screen? I can't find it.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

So what your saying is just get an extended battery if you need more battery?....if so ....genious!

Haha, funny. No need for extended battery to get good battery life. Although it doesn't husrt. There are a lot of things that can be done to save battery :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not to shoot this down or anything, but I feel like most of this test will result in what you'd see from a placebo effect. This in fact could improve battery, but most will probably use their phone less while testing resulting in longer battery.

I'm curious to see how this plays out.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Kind of a valid point you make. But this is my only device. So I'm not gonna stop making/receiving calls, texts, Gtalk and emails to get better battery life. And if I'm not mistaken....plugging a device to PC with usb, rebooting and obviously plugging into a charger cause the "since unplugged" stats to reset. So this in itself will cause people to use their phone less. Reason being, I like to modify my phone. Everything from boot logo's, boot animations, fonts, changing text in blinds and notification icon's. These all call for a reboot. So if I'm not allowed to do the following things, including theming of course it will cause me to use my phone less. JMO:)

djdlite512

Reaction score
Here ya go Kejar...this is day 2 after the first full discharge, then recharge and use until I got to 20 percent which I had about 20 hours of use.

snap20110210_001037.png

snap20110210_001123.png

Isak73

Reaction score
Ok I was gonna do this and this might be a dumb ? but is this zip designed to increase battery life or does the increase come from the patch that will result in this test?

droidxethan

Reaction score
Here ya go Kejar...this is day 2 after the first full discharge, then recharge and use until I got to 20 percent which I had about 20 hours of use.

snap20110210_001037.png

snap20110210_001123.png

It only says 7 hours tho on ur pic?