Inconsistent Email Notification

SeeEss

Reaction score
For days and days I get the email notification when a new email arrives (in my case, I set it to "Droid"). Then a day comes along and *nothing*. All day today emails have arrived with no vibrating or Droid sound. Could someone tell me all of the places to check to be sure my settings are correct?

I have not changed anything lately "that I remember" but maybe I did something accidentally. Thank you! :huh:

PaulQ

Reaction score
Which email service?

Just based on my recent h*ll experience with a Droid X and email, one thing you could do is delete and re-add your email service. (in SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS)

OP
S

SeeEss

Reaction score
I use verizon.net. I have a gmail account set up because apparently I have no choice with a Droid but I don't use the account. It is the verizon account giving me problems. I would prefer to not totally delete the verizon account. If I can't get it set up again I would be in a fix since I need to receive emails 24/7. But thank you anyway.

PaulQ

Reaction score
So you are saying you have a POP/IMAP account set up? I don't know how it will handle deleting your account. Probably erase all your email to date.

I assume there is a setting for how often it should poll for email. Since I don't have a POP/IMAP account set up, I will guess... When you have your email list open, press MENU then select SETTINGS. Look for something that determines how often it checks for email. Maybe you turned it off somehow?

FYI - I know you can also get Yahoo! email on the Droid. Yahoo! has a nice client that you can download or you can use the native email client.

GT944

Reaction score
Did you happen to set the ringtone or trim it in any way with the native ringtone trimmer on the device? Before I got Froyo I had an issue similar to this where a trimmed ringtone would get "lost" and my phone would revert to one of the stock tones, bit this issue has stopped since I hit the update push.

Sent from my ADR6300