1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Incomming Account Only

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by Caligula2008, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Caligula2008

Caligula2008 New Member

I have an account for my college that I want just sms (incomming mail) as I am unable to get my outgoing to work due to the client (firstclass). Is there a way to have a secondary account that just works as an inbox and all reply go out my primary account?

Thanks for the help
  2. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Hi,

You didn't mention what type of email you wanted to setup, however basically what you do is add the email account with manual setup:

Use the pop or imap server settings for your incoming account, and then for your outgoing server use the one for your primary account, but you have to give the smtp your primary account login (typically it would use the pop login)

This type of setup is common, for example on my laptop I have several accounts, but don't want to run into hassles from whatever network I might be connected to wirelessly. So I use the option for "my outgoing server requires authentication" and I use my VZW internet account and smtp to send. In that way it matters not who's network I'm on, all my mail goes out ok thru VZW.
Search tags for this page

cps.edu email on android

incomming account