Incoming Texts no longer displayed! Droid 2.1

w27bill

Reaction score
**** Correction to my original post title: "Droid version was incorrect. Should be 2.2.2"
Since about mid-July, suddenly I was no longer getting my incoming texts displayed:angry:.
Since I've had my Moto Droid 2.1 (just over a yr now) whenever I rec'd an incoming text, the txt msg contents itself would pop up automatically and be displayed for me to read.
Now, I "may" get a ringtone notification (sometimes nothing at all) of a new text, but it no longer displays the text message contents automatically for me to read.
NOR
, does it even necessarily "wake up" my "sleeping" screen!
So, here I'll be, w/ my phone right in front of me (in "sleep" or screensaver" mode, whatever u call it:wacko:) and if in silent mode, it stays "asleep".
So, now I have to open up my "Messages" app, to see that i've missed 4 texts!
Note: I have the settings for "Notification in status Bar".
Note: I've had "Handcent SMS" for a year, just uninstalled it last wk cuz I thought that was the problem. Now Ive just got the stock Android Text. It still does not automatically display my incoming texts like my phone has done since I got it, up until 2 wks ago.
PLEASE HELP.
I WANT MY INCOMING TEXTS TO BE AUTOMATICALLY DISPLAYED FOR READING AS THEY COME IN
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INPUT, ADVICE, SUGGESTIONS YOU MAY BE ABLE TO OFFER ME.
MOTO DROID 2.2.2

Last edited:
OP
w27bill

w27bill

Reaction score
FIXED!!!!
I UN-installed, then RE-installed HandCent, and my incoming texts have since been AUTOMATICALLY DISPLAYED like the were before
icon_%20banana.gif
!!