1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Incoming phone call issue how can I go back to stock?

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by xxnonamexx, Sep 30, 2011.

1. xxnonamexx

xxnonamexx New Member

PE has been a problem for me regarding incoming calls. I see the contact I answer it and you hear the person on the other side along with the phone still ringing. How can I go back to the stock droid with the current OTA updates? I need the basics of a phone back. Thanks
  2. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

You can SBF back to stock. Just remember you'll lose root.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. xxnonamexx

xxnonamexx New Member

How do I go about this process? Thanks
  4. flatty

flatty New Member

First I would try ss 5.5 or cm nightly 199. Both of these has fixed that same issue for me. I would hate to see a once rooted Droid go back to stock.

5. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

6. xxnonamexx

xxnonamexx New Member

well I am testing MIUI and if my brother has issues then back to stock it is. I tried ss and chevy which took me to PE and now at MIUI
  7. jpin321

jpin321 New Member

+1 for simply stunning 5.5, try it you will like it I'm former pe user but the issues I was having finally became too much for me. So on simply stunning for awhile now. Nothing against pe...ss just runs better for me.

8. genebean

genebean New Member

No call issues with PE 4.2... the problems are tied to Gingerbread for the most part. Just thought you might like to know.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. overtwo

overtwo New Member

Along with the Droid having only 256mb RAM. I've noticed that using Auto Memory Manager with extreme settings (6, 12, 40, 60, 80, 100) really helps out Gingerbreard on our memory deficient OG's (along with enabling SWAP [swap partition is best] via Swapper2).
  10. villain1998

villain1998 New Member

Here's a simple fix

I'm actually ashamed of myself for not thinking of this earlier and sorry for not posting a lot sooner but when your phone is ringing press down on the volume rocker to silence your phone(that will stop the constant vibration) and answer your call. Your phone apk might still mess up but you will be able to answer your phone.

11. gmmurphy

gmmurphy New Member

i have the same prlm. while in vibrate cannot answer, other end hears the buzz. battery horrible. im a huge pe fan day one. finale is no good with my og. rolling back to 5.
  12. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Well, I'm getting in this thing a little late, but I have advice: 1) Any time I have an issue which is not commonly reported with a particular rom, the first thing I do is to reinstall that rom with no wipes. If the problem persists, I repeat the install with wipes. 2) Not really sure which phone you have, but it sounds like you have a Droid 1. If that is the case, (and this is based on the fact that owned and rommed my droid for almost two years and my wife has it now) I would tell you that I never found a single GB rom that ran 100% on my Droid 1. I finally settled on Chevy's SS4.96 (1/17/11 - SS 4.96 is Ready! ). This rom has run 100% stable for months now. I also used Chevy's kernels.

Good luck.