1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Incoming Notification Vibrations broken BB Froyo

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by DigiK, Jun 28, 2010.

1. DigiK

DigiK New Member

I've observed 'vibrate on incoming notifications' to be broken with all BB Froyo 2.2 releases thus far. Can anyone verify this?

Thanks!
  2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

mine seems to vibrate fine on notifications.
  3. DigiK

DigiK New Member

Hmm...interesting considering v.1 was a full wipe for me. If no one else is having this issue, it looks like back to tabula rasa for me with a fresh intall. =|
  4. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

DigiK, before you start all over from scratch, have you gone into Setting>Sound and set your vibrate settings there? They're different in Froyo than they were in 2.1 and before.
  5. DigiK

DigiK New Member

Yeah, I've checked my notification settings a thousand times and no dice, GirlLuvsDroid. At worst, I'll take ten minutes later, do a quick backup/wipe, and see if I have any luck. It's definitely not a hardware issue, though, since user input haptic feedback works.
  6. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

Well, I thought it was worth a shot before you go back to square one. Good luck!
  7. Jonny121

Jonny121 New Member

I'm having the same issue. I've had the same problem with all 2.2 roms I've tried including cyanogen rc1. I go into settings->sounds->vibrate and set it to always. And it never vibrates when i get a notification (eg. a text or email) It does however vibrate when I receive a phone call. So, I'm not really sure what's going on here.

Also the silent mode doesn't seem to be working correctly. I'm using the newest leak FRG01B at the moment and if I go into settings-> sound and then use the volume button to put the phone on silent, the silent mode box is checked. If i then long press the power button to turn off silent mode, it says that silent mode is off. something is definitely wrong here.
  8. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier New Member

Are you guys running a kernel with a 125Mhz low slot by any chance?

Just throwing some ideas out there. I know people say that 125Mhz slot kernels work great with Froyo, but you never know, every Droid is different in it's own regard.
  9. Jonny121

Jonny121 New Member

I haven't installed any custom kernels or anything, Atm the build I'm running is using Kernel Version 2.6.32.0-g103d848 android-build@apa26 #1
  10. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier New Member

OK, then I'm fresh out of ideas, might as well try a good wipe.

I always wipe no matter what ROM I'm going to install; I even wipe between BB versions (always tripe wipe boot, system, data and cache), I'm just so damn quirky that way, lol.
  11. DigiK

DigiK New Member

I corrected this after I realized a 2.2 update for Audio Manager had added an enable/disable radio button for notification vibrations. Despite having system settings correct, it took re-enabling notification vibrate from Audio Manager. If you don't have the app, try downloading it and checking your settings there before you wipe.
  12. Jonny121

Jonny121 New Member

I just flashed on this rom today, and I did a full wipe/factory reset through sprecovery.

Also, I had installed rom manager and flashed on clockworkmod from it, it broke the recovery console lol. I coulnd't boot into recovery at all. Had to re-flash sprecovery; no more clockworkmod for me.
  13. Jonny121

Jonny121 New Member