Incoming calls not showing

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Since our phones run stock Android we don't have the Reset Settings option, only Factory Reset.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I did try turning on "incoming calls" which was switched off. I restarted my phone, and nothing changed. I was really hoping that was the problem *sigh*
Thanks @Sajo for letting me know we don't have the reset settings option. I was teetering in going there, but was afraid I'd go too far and reset the entire phone which I don't have time to mess with today.
Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions, folks. I'm still dealing with my mom in the hospital (only child, so I'm on bat), so I can't do too much towards troubleshooting right now.
I do truly appreciate y'all's time and expertise.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
My mom is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. If all goes well, I'll do a FDR this weekend. Right now I can't afford to have my phone completely out of commission for any amount of time. I honestly don't know what else to try. I've looked in all kinds of folders, cleared, cleaned, rebooted, etc. Nothing has worked.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If the issue exists in Safe Mode as you stated, then a FDR would be the next logical step. Good luck with famiyand the phone

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Not available on the Z Force, but thanks though.

back to moto being cheap :) seriously, it would be nice if they had that option. too many times just a reset of the settings can solve problems without having to remove all data.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
back to moto being cheap :) seriously, it would be nice if they had that option. too many times just a reset of the settings can solve problems without having to remove all data.
I'm not sure where the cheap statements are coming from. Moto runs stock Android, which is what Moto owners want. Stock Android doesn't have that option. I will take a phone with stock Android any day over some heavily skinned version of Android that some manufacturer wants me to use, no matter what "extra" stuff they cook into their system version.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I'm not sure where the cheap statements are coming from. Moto runs stock Android, which is what Moto owners want. Stock Android doesn't have that option. I will take a phone with stock Android any day over some heavily skinned version of Android that some manufacturer wants me to use, no matter what "extra" stuff they cook into their system version.

it was not directed at you or for you but based on another comment made earlier as a tease. the smiley face and the word seriously should have given you a hint.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK, I get it, it was meant as teasing. But I didn't find it amusing. And based on Private Messages to me, neither did other Moto Z owners. We have had two users recently ask for help & assistance with a Moto Z phone. And in both cases they were told their phone was "cheap". Even if teasing that's not my idea of how we run a repsectable Forum.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
@Gudasau Try going to Manage Apps>Phone>Notifications & Open by default to see if everything looks right.

Have you installed any apps recently that might have access/permissions to your phone?

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Okay, I'm not worthy.
I didn't know you could press on the various selections and change them. I thought I could only toggle on and off. Holy smokes, my phone works again!!!!!
I'm so sorry to take up everyone's time with something I should've known or explored further.
Thank you all so much, and thank you @CJM for getting me to go back for the umteenth time and focusing on exactly what was in front of me!
I'm back in business, folks!
My mom's out of surgery and my phone's working as it should! Life is very very good right now!!!
Oh, in answer to your second question, no, I haven't installed anything new lately. I'm not sure how the setting got changed, but I do sometimes put it back into my holster without putting it to sleep first. Maybe my fingers caused changes putting it in the holster the other day?
Phew, y'all. You have no idea what weights have been lifted off my shoulders right now.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
OK, I get it, it was meant as teasing. But I didn't find it amusing. And based on Private Messages to me, neither did other Moto Z owners.

are you a moderator or administrator? why would anyone email you about my comments? I never said any phones were cheap and I could care less if you found it amusing since I was not replying to you.

We have had two users recently ask for help & assistance with a Moto Z phone. And in both cases they were told their phone was "cheap". Even if teasing that's not my idea of how we run a repsectable Forum.

and this from someone who basically called a person asking for help the other day a thief.

Last edited: