Incoming Call / Notification Sounds in Car Dock

papaquack

Reaction score
First post from a lurker... hoping someone might be able to help me out with a little problem I'm having. Having a problem with notification sounds (text, incoming calls, etc) when I have the phone docked in a car dock with an audio cable running to my cd player. I can play music and podcasts, but whenever I get a call or a text, nothing comes through and I either miss the call or not notice a message. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the Vehicle Mode app or a setting somewhere on my phone. I have the .211 update. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

OP
P

papaquack

Reaction score
I should add (of course I thought of it after hitting submit) that I have been using my phone listening to music and podcasts for a while now without the dock (but WITH the audio cable connected to the stereo) and whenever an incoming call or text would come through, the music/podcast would pause and the notification sound would come through, and then the music/podcast would continue. That's what I'm expecting. However, I got the dock as a Christmas gift and since using it, I have been having these new symptoms. Nothing has changed between these two scenarios except the dock, which by the way is just the default one that Verizon sells in their stores... nothing fancy.