Incinerated for d2g Fission-theme

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I'm not sure if that is an option but all I did was in clockwork recovery, wipe cache and then went to install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard..and then installed from there. Maybe make a backup first just in case.

i just tried this and it did not go well lol, i saw the new theme between pop-ups of things crashing. fortunately i figured out how to get the recovery screen up after a few tries. i did as you said exactly, not sure what you meant " I haven't flashed anything w/o FRM yet." maybe thats where i went wrong lol. any thoughts?

Thanks

Unfortunately, I'm not sure why you had the issues. I am glad that you were able to get into recovery and get your phone back though. I'm sure you probably did it the same way I did but I'll go through the steps just in case you missed something.

1. transfer d2g_incinerated.zip to the root of your SD card. and also transfer the unzipped icons to a folder on your SD card.
2. Boot into clockwork recovery
3. Wipe cache
4. Select 'install zip from SD card> Choose zip from SD card
5. After reboot if all goes well then you can start changing out the icons on your d2g.

Yank mentioned installing this theme over a 'stock' version of the particular ROM that the theme was initially released for. (project elite) I thought about using FRM to go back to the stock version of Fission before installing, but I didn't and it still went fine for me. I'm not sure if that may help in your situation or not. (if you even still want to try it)

thanks, i think i messed up by not putting it in the root of the sd card, i left it in the Bluetooth exchange folder. your right i think ill learn a bit more before i try again. i did get this ADW (paid) app., and a handful of themes, seems ok for now.... thanks again

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
No problem. Hope you try it again soon and it works out for you this time.

ADW is cool. That is the home replacement app I have used most.

Reaction score
Is there a way to just install just the theme thru frm, or do you have to go thru clockwork? And either way, do I need to wipe data and cache or just cache?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Is there a way to just install just the theme thru frm, or do you have to go thru clockwork? And either way, do I need to wipe data and cache or just cache?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

I'm not sure. I just transferred the d2g_incinerated theme to the 'themes' folder inside the 'fission' folder on my sd card. I was going to see if it showed up in FRM and then if it did, try it out for you. For some reason, FRM isn't working for me today. it just stays at the list downloads screen. I can push the button and I get a loading circle but then it just goes back to that screen.

When I installed it on my phone with clockwork, I chose to wipe cache but not data. It worked fine for me. Let me know how it goes if you decide to give it a try

wilboy

Reaction score
It's awesome Mreyn3693!! Been playing this Theme since this morning..I lav it!Thanks for porting this Theme to D2G,,,and Thanks also to YankIndaSouth.Keep up the good work!!:)

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
It's awesome Mreyn3693!! Been playing this Theme since this morning..I lav it!Thanks for porting this Theme to D2G,,,and Thanks also to YankIndaSouth.Keep up the good work!!:)

Thanks Wilboy. I am on the lookout for more themes to port and also trying to modify some more also. I am still not having much luck with the xml editing but if I keep trying I'm thinking it might kick in at some point, lol

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

i decided to try this again, im pretty much getting all the same crashing errors as before. i did put the file in the root dir this time.
this time i was able to close all the crash pops except one, "process com.nuance.android.vsuite.vsuiteapp", not sure if there are any other issues until i get this fixed, it pops right back up as soon as i close it.
any ideas?
Thanks

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score

i decided to try this again, im pretty much getting all the same crashing errors as before. i did put the file in the root dir this time.
this time i was able to close all the crash pops except one, "process com.nuance.android.vsuite.vsuiteapp", not sure if there are any other issues until i get this fixed, it pops right back up as soon as i close it.
any ideas?
Thanks

Well, I'm not sure but I did google com.nuance.android.vsuite.vsuiteapp and saw other people discussing the same issue. One in particular even said something about using a theme with swapped png files, which is basically what incinerated d2g is. I haven't had that issue at all though and I know of at least a few others that are running this theme that have not reported it either. Anyway, something to do with google voice command app. Have you done anything with that apk at any time? I also read that doing a battery pull may fix the issue?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

any ideas?
Thanks

Well, I'm not sure but I did google com.nuance.android.vsuite.vsuiteapp and saw other people discussing the same issue. One in particular even said something about using a theme with swapped png files, which is basically what incinerated d2g is. I haven't had that issue at all though and I know of at least a few others that are running this theme that have not reported it either. Anyway, something to do with google voice command app. Have you done anything with that apk at any time? I also read that doing a battery pull may fix the issue?

i haven't done anything with any aps, other than normal settings.
i do use the voice commands app to make calls through my Bluetooth frequently.
yes i yanked the battery a few times lol
i could try a factory reset before i installed incinerated if you think that would help.
as i said, quite a few things crashed, that's the only one that wouldn't stay closed.
Thanks

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
any ideas?
Thanks

i haven't done anything with any aps, other than normal settings.
i do use the voice commands app to make calls through my Bluetooth frequently.
yes i yanked the battery a few times lol
i could try a factory reset before i installed incinerated if you think that would help.
as i said, quite a few things crashed, that's the only one that wouldn't stay closed.
Thanks

I kind of figured you'd done a battery pull already but you never know, heh.
Yeah, I'm not sure. I hate that you're having issues though. I don't want you to go through the possible hassle of SBF'ing just to use the theme. And then, what if you do all that and it still does the same thing? I just don't understand why you're having these issues and nobody else is. For all I know only a few people are using this theme though. I ran it fine for about a week until I started working on another theme, and all was fine.

I dunno.. anyone else have any helpful info?

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
I edited the apk for fancywidget to go along with this theme. I also updated the OP with the links.

161928-albums924-picture3227.png

com.anddoes.fancywidget-2.apk