Inc2 Battery Life

ABQNM

Reaction score
Both the X and the Droid 2 are no longer sold. Also, the dinc2 has the best battery life of all the Androids on Verizon. I really don't know what to tell you at this point. Good luck.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

nikecar

Reaction score
I have had it for about a week. I have done the whole charge/drain cycle as recommended by htc and forums. Have great reception in my area. Don't use any apps other than facebook, and htc rep said that facebook is an ok app b/c it will shut itself off rather quickly after you exit. I literally just use my phone for text, email, and occasional facebook check.

Since you mentioned the X2 has battery issues, what about the droid 2 or the X? Not sure if they still sell those.

Must have posted in another thread. Could the phone be in your pocket and it not get a signal? The reason I ask is that if it doesn't get a signal, it keeps using battery trying to find one. My last phone would last 3 days without a charge. Left it on for a 3hr flight and the battery was almost drained. Happens to my and my coworker in the Disney rides that are inside like soaring and a few others. Orlando and that area has great coverage overall.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

ABQNM

Reaction score
And as an FYI you can view the time without signal by tapping on Cell Standby in the battery usage screen. Post your percentage and the exact time on battery.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I heard the Charge isn't bad in terms of battery but, I agree that the Inc2 has the best I battery of all the phones on Verizon now. I would see if VZW could test your battery or try a different battery. And also like said above post your time without signal, and usage under battery info.

Sent from my Inc2

ABQNM

Reaction score
I have had it for about a week. I have done the whole charge/drain cycle as recommended by htc and forums. Have great reception in my area. Don't use any apps other than facebook, and htc rep said that facebook is an ok app b/c it will shut itself off rather quickly after you exit. I literally just use my phone for text, email, and occasional facebook check.

Since you mentioned the X2 has battery issues, what about the droid 2 or the X? Not sure if they still sell those.

So I have seen you post a few times that you are using words with friends. The battery manager can be deceiving with games. The game will usually report very little usage, but the screen combined with the game will really drain the battery. Plants vs Zombies, for example, will eat about 15-20% per hour and only report 2% battery usage, while my display alone only eats about 6% per hour (both lowest brightness). So games can appear to not be the issue when in fact they are using a ton of battery. Plus words with friends updates in the background a lot.

shinokodomo

Reaction score
Can someone help me out. What are the bet setting for display & other thing to help my battery. I have display set to 40% & have advance task-killer & juice defender. I am a heavy user. I use my phone for everything.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Can someone help me out. What are the bet setting for display & other thing to help my battery. I have display set to 40% & have advance task-killer & juice defender. I am a heavy user. I use my phone for everything.

Delete your juice defender and task killer.. they are killing your battery.

PhDCow

Reaction score
I'm fine with brightness at 15 or 20%. Curvefish has a nice brightness widget that I use to easily adjust if I'm going outside.

Not much I can do about Gmail, but my work e-mail is only pulled once every 2 hours.

I use Wifi at home. I'm going to try to see if I can get work to grant me access to the network, but they're still iffy on it.

shinokodomo

Reaction score
I don't think that juice defender is messing with it. It's just that I'm charging it each night & would like to.get more then 12 max out of my battery. As of right now my phone is at 35% & 8h & 10m

my HTC incredible2

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Juice defender can either help or hinder battery life. It depends on a lot of factors. If you are only getting 12hrs, then see what u get without juice defender. 12 seems pretty low for this device but it does depend on use, brightness, time without signal, processes etc.

Sent from my Inc2

shinokodomo

Reaction score
Complete phone layout.
WiFi always on
3g never on
Preferred network cdma
Brightness 30%
No animations, timeout 2 mins, I just now turned background data off.
9h 4mins
Display 52%
Mail 13%
WiFi 5%
Textfree 5%
Dialer 5%
Android system 4%
Cell standby 4%
Internet 3%
Voice call 3%
Droidforms 3%
Phone idle 3%

Anything else that would help ask & ill post it.

sent from my HTC incredible2

Billmelater

Reaction score
Im at 16 hrs 25 minutes on battery with 45% remaining but my usage profile is a little different. I run Juice Defender all the time and I use the Pulse newsreader for about 1/2 hour per day.

Some differences in configuration:

Wifi - always on (but JD turns it off when idle)
3G - always on, usually only 0-1 bars signals
Brightness -- 50% or 100% timeout 30 sec
BT - always on
Background data - off
gmail only syncs on open

Voice Calls 44%
Display 26%
Dialer 7%
Android system 7%
Cell standby 12%
Phone idle 5%
Bluetooth 1%

nikecar

Reaction score
I had to charge mine up earlier, but I was at 1d5hr before that and I was at 20% left.

Display 38
voice calls 15
wifi 10
dialer 9
droid system 9
standby 7
idle 6
drag racing 5
and some blips left.

I always have wifi on and 3g on. brightness is auto, but when its off, its like 51%. my Exchange is to push every 10 minutes I believe so is my Gmail. Screen goes black after about a 30 seconds, although I want it off longer.

I just usually send it to go black when I finish using it. I don't let it go dark itself.