Inc2 Battery Life

Conz

Reaction score
how often do you bump charge? i did it last night 3 times. this is a once and a while thing right?

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you have to do it every time or not, but here's how I do it:

- charge phone until green while powered on, unplug
- power off, charge phone until green again, unplug
- power on for a minute or two, power off
- charge until green again, unplug, boot up and go

The second step really shows how the phone doesn't fully charge up while powered on. This article was an interesting read on bump charging and why: Bump Charge fully explained - we may have to deal with it - Android Forums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think you need to bump charge every time, not totally sure though. I think once the battery is calibrated it should be alright. I sometimes let my phone get down to under 10% before charging again to full.

For people having bad battery, is there is a Rogue app causing the issues?

venomisback

Reaction score
What am I doing wrong? I unplug at 6:30am, text here and there during work, very limited internet during work, and by 7pm I'm into the "orange zone" of battery life.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I just got this phone as a replacement for my Droid X. It had been replaced a few times and they offered, and I am not going to refuse a new toy, so here I am. It came with GB, so I am unfortunately not rooted. On 2.3 with this thing, I get amazing battery life even considering how low the signal is compared to my DX (avg. 15dbm less). Even at -90 to -100dbm I get a lot out of this phone. Today I am at 16 hours and have 55% remaining with fairly heavy usage. 3 hours of screen on, taking 50%. This means I should get close to 40 hours with heavy usage and even better when I use it lightly. When I took it off the charger, I only used it for maybe 10 minutes in the first 8 hours and it was still at 91%. Wow. Also, I never turn off data and weather, FB and twitter each sync every 30 min.

Definitely the best battery life I have ever seen on a smart phone. Once rooted I will be very happy with this device.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
What am I doing wrong? I unplug at 6:30am, text here and there during work, very limited internet during work, and by 7pm I'm into the "orange zone" of battery life.
How are your settings? Brightness, auto sync, widgets, 3G or Wifi at work, etc?

ABQNM

Reaction score

How is your signal where you are at? You may want to go into the battery manager and choose cell standby and see what percentage of time it says you have without signal. That will be the biggest drain on the battery other than the screen. Also how much screen on time does the battery manager report for that time?

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Bump charging is very bad for the battery. If you're comfortable with buying a new battery in 6 months go ahead but i'd advise against it.

I believe the method of bump charging is let it fully charge when powered off and when the light turns green unplug it then plug it back in. It should be orange again and keep doing that until the light only goes orange for a very short amount of time.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I am not seeing the need for bump charging. I am not experiencing the condition that would require bump charging. When I take my phone off the charger, it stays at 100% for a few minutes and then begins its decent, one by one. It never drops more than 1% when coming off the charger.

That said, I would not bump charge even if I was having the issue.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
so many conflicting opinions here. some say bump charge, others say it destroys the battery. some say dont use task killers, others swear by em, etc. etc.
Task killers were useful pre 2.2 from what I've read. But without a doubt I had a task killer when i first got my Inc2 like 3 weeks ago and it was a horrible decision. My battery would last at most 14 hours. As soon as I uninstalled it and changed some more settings I got it to last 58 hours with heavy use near the end because I was trying to force it to die.

Bump charge I heard is bad from everyone. The only good about it is that it does make your battery last longer for that charge but in the long run it will kill your battery resulting in it unable to hold a charge for as long if you keep bump charging it.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I am still on the same charge today and have now gone 24 hours and have 48% remaining. 3 hr 20 min of screen in time. My DX with the extended battery would only do about 35 to 40 with 2 hours of screen time. Wow.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

ABQNM

Reaction score
At ten percent and 31 hours. 31 may not seem that high but I had almost 6 and a half hours screen usage and very weak signal. My Droid X would have died with just the six and a half hours screen usage. Heck it would have died at 5. Not even counting any standby time.

nikecar

Reaction score
At ten percent and 31 hours. 31 may not seem that high but I had almost 6 and a half hours screen usage and very weak signal. My Droid X would have died with just the six and a half hours screen usage. Heck it would have died at 5. Not even counting any standby time.

After my factory reset I managed 2d 3hr on a charge.

Then I did the latest update and got barely through the day on a full charge before it was dead. This next charge I got to 17hrs and still at 50%.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sitting at about 50% after 24 hours... moderate usage yesterday, thought not much IN my office, where my signal tends to stink. Lovin' it...