Inc2 Battery Life

ABQNM

Reaction score
OK my phone has been on for about 5.5 hours.

Display has been on 54mins using 57%

Wi-Fi has been on 5.21 hours using 9%

Android System has sent 246KB and received 245KB using 8%

GPS has been on the whole time. Location ON settings are Standalone and Google - not VZW.

Battery is at 54%

The display usage at about 60% lends itself to having a higher brightness. The more power you use there the shorter the battery will last, of course. Also, the display can be a bit deceiving as if you are using a lot of animations or games that number will be higher. Not having the VZW location services on means that the phone will not use the cell network to locate you, so if you have anything that determines its location automatically, it will be forced to use GPS every time. This can use quite a bit of battery, especially if the phone is not outdoors all the time as it would be constantly looking for gps satellites.

From the above though it looks like the display is consuming the most. I use lower brightness settings unless I am going to be outside because the stock auto-brightness was way too bright for me. On stock, I could get 60-80 hours on a charge easily with about 3 hours of display usage. 5 hours of display would take that down to about 40 hours. The display will use the most battery, so keeping brightness as low as you can for the environment you are in will be the best way to conserve power. Or just charge daily. :)

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do you get that good of battery life? I'm running RMK Gingersense and the stock kernel and I am not getting great battery life still!

Try the battery calibration app from the market by Nema. If that doesn't work try a different rom and/or a kernel. TSM Ginger Bang 1.7 yields good battery.

Sent from my Incredible 2

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK my phone has been on for about 5.5 hours.

Display has been on 54mins using 57%

Wi-Fi has been on 5.21 hours using 9%

Android System has sent 246KB and received 245KB using 8%

GPS has been on the whole time. Location ON settings are Standalone and Google - not VZW.

Battery is at 54%

I would just let your battery drain down to like 10% and then charge til 100%, and do this a couple times. Your usage doesn't look to be that excessive. Turn your brightness down to 50% if you can. See what you can get in real time from 100 down to almost a dead battery. Usage can be deceiving...it can look like your battery is draining fast but it is just because you have used it alot at that moment. Also as stated leaving wifi on when in a non-wifi area and having things like weather, mail etc sync often, can eat battery. Battery is subjective but you should probably be getting at least 15+hrs with this phone. I have gotten all the way up to 30hrs before.

Sent from my Incredible 2

ABQNM

Reaction score
Just of note: Twitter has been KILLING my battery this week. When it tries to sync and can't, it will keep re-trying. And Twitter has been less than reliable this week. And this doesn't appear as Twitter using it in the battery manager. It shows as Android System because that is where the syncing occurs. SO... If you have sudden battery life changes it could be related to apps that are continuously trying to sync in the background. The sync icon will show in the notification bar (circle with 2 arrows), so it will be obvious it is happening if the icon stays there too long. You can see what is trying to sync by going to accounts settings and see which one has the sync icon by it. So until Twitter decides to become more stable, I disabled auto-sync for it. Hope this is useful to someone.