INC Screen

tigerdango

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me exactly what the Incredible's screen is made of? I have noticed the screen is incredibly (pun not intended) resilient to smudges, fingerprints, and scratches.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
tigerdango

tigerdango

Reaction score
Gorilla glass huh. Most interesting, thank you.

kenbiz

Reaction score
Not sure the inc has gorilla glass.. thought only Motorola phones had the gorilla glass and HTC just used glass..

OP
tigerdango

tigerdango

Reaction score
INC definitely uses gorilla glass. The glass on it is insanely resilient.

Detonation

Reaction score
Not sure the inc has gorilla glass.. thought only Motorola phones had the gorilla glass and HTC just used glass..

From another forum:

Last week I contacted HTC and asked them if the Incredible's screen was indeed glass (since whatever they do, it tends to feel like plastic compared to other phones) and whether it had an oleophobic coating. I pretty much knew it was glass already, so I was more interested in the oleophobic coating question. They got back to me today and what they said was quite surprising...

Dear Keegan, I can understand the interest in the knowledge of the HTC Incredible Screen. The screen display is actually an Opaque Aluminum-Silicone Base. It is called Gorilla Glass, which is impervious to the very real threats of key scratching and localized pressure. Gorilla Glass is an unscratchable, unshatterable material used as a protective window for your mobile phone. If you have any other questions or concerns please Reply back to this email or give us a call at our HTC Technical Support Line, 1-866-449-8358. I want to thank you for contacting HTC. In order to help improve our service I’d like to invite you to take a survey at HTC Online Survey, you can also checkout HTC Online Store (US) - Free Cell Phones & Cell Phone Service for more information. HTC Technical Support HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs Site URL not found HTC | Facebook YouTube - HTC's Channel HTC (htc) on Twitter

Incredible using Gorilla Glass? HTC says so... - Android Forums

kenbiz

Reaction score
Wow very interesting.. learn something new every day. Great info. That's why I love this site. Funny thing when I bought this phone the first thing I did before turning on the phone was put an anti glare screen protector on it. Just took it off and I'm now seeing how clear this phone is for the first time.. lol.. man what a difference..

Last edited:
OP
tigerdango

tigerdango

Reaction score
Yeah Ken, I used a screen protector for awhile too. But when I finally decided to just take it off (I have a bit of OCD and the micro bubbles, fingerprints, dirt that got trapped under it was bothering me) I was amazed. The Incredible, probably as well as many of the recent phones, don't even need screen protectors. I knew it was gorilla glass, so you can bet it is very, very resilient. But even more awesome is that you can use anything pretty much, even a piece of clothes, and wipe down the screen and make it look absolutely perfect brand-new. Not only that but the glass itself is able to actually somewhat repel smudges and fingerprints. So, so awesome.

G

Grimster

Its NOT Gorilla glass. Just regular with a coating. It scratches very easy. HTC idiot reps will tell you anything you want to here. People have dropped the incredible from just two feet and the screen shatters, people have even carried earbuds in thier pocket with the phone and the earbuds scratched the screen. If you think it uses gorilla glass you are living in a dream world.

OP
tigerdango

tigerdango

Reaction score
Well me and my girlfriend are going to goto a Verizon store and I am just going to flat out ask what kind of screen it has. I already have a Droid Incredible so they have no reason to try and impress me. Therefore if they tell me there too, like the previous poster's Verizon rep, that it is Gorilla Glass then I think it will be the truth that the Droid Incredible does indeed use Gorilla Glass. Plus as you may be aware, they have made changes to their Droid Incredible since it came out, such as whether it comes with a mini-SD or what Android software it comes with. For example the Incredibles first came out and came with no mini-SD and 2.1, but my INC and all INCs now come with a 2GB pre-installed mini-SD and Android 2.2. Who's to say that perhaps just maybe as well INCs used to not have Gorilla Glass, but now do? =O P.S., both my girlfriend and I have noticed with our INCs that over previous cellphones (she had a touchscreen phone that did not have Gorilla Glass, the Samsung Glyde) the glass does not scratch easily, can be cleaned in seconds with virtually any cloth, and is super resilient to fingerprints. All of these would point to the indication that it is indeed Gorilla Glass. But I will keep you guys updated, will let you know what they say at the Verizon store when I go. I will more than gladly admit I was wrong if I am told otherwise at the store...But I find it hard to believe a Verizon rep would either lie or not know about the screen of a cellphone. I have many friends who work for cellphone call centers and companies and the people who work for these companies are usually very knowledgeable on the products.

Last edited: