In Store or Asurion?

mrgagentleman

Reaction score
Okay, here's the deal. My phone got wet which made my phone nonfunctional. However, one wouldn't know it b/c the liquid indicator is not red. My phone is still under warranty, so which is best to do:

1) File a claim w/ Asurion
2) Go to a VZW store and see if they can get me a replacement Droid

Thanks for your help.

Troops2990

Reaction score
Mine has never got wet and the "x" on the indicator is red..so aren't they suppose to be red??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the OP broke their phone by getting it wet then the right thing to do is use the insurance.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
However, one wouldn't know it b/c the liquid indicator is not red. My phone is still under warranty, so which is best to do:
There are hidden indicators.

This is an insurance issue -- not a warranty issue.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Yep there are 2 more indicators inside that you cannot see until dissasembly, one on the main board, and one above the screen by the proximity sensor. Chances are, if you got it wet to where it wont work, you tripped at least one sensor.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
I look at it differently.....if its broken...I am buying a new device before I go Asurion. Why? My past experience was my replacement never satisfied. If I am spending my hard earned cash on a device of pricey expense I will not replace it half bad word when broken by me. Wish you luck. Do the right thing though.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
if you do decide to make a claim do like the vzw rep told me. claim it fell into a river and no way to produce it. what is a claim these days $80.?

OP
M

mrgagentleman

Reaction score
Okay so here's what I did.

I went to the VZW store yesterday, showed them my phone. They said since I'm still under warranty they would ship me a new phone @ the earliest by Wednesday. They offer overnight shipping for $20, I went ahead and coughed it up.

Just got the CLNR, and it seems to be in pretty good condition. The physical keyboard and the Flash work WAY better than the one I originally had. So far, no complaints.