In Search of Universal Mailbox

Mygia

Reaction score
I recently upgraded the OS to Ice Cream Sndwich. It wiped out the Universal Mailbox. A tech at Motorola confirmed it has been eliminated in the OS upgrade. I strongly suggested they add it back. Does anyone know of a quality 3rd party app that will accomplish the same thing?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the DROID forums..I don't know of any third party apps that do the same thing as universal inbox.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the forums.

When we first got ICS I remember people with the same problem never found a suitable replacement in the Play Store.

Not sure if that has changed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Are you talking about something like the messaging app with email, testings, etc. Or the actually universal in box inside the old messaging app?

It's been awhile since I used the stock blur messaging apps, & I can't remember if the universal inbox only covered emails or messages from other social accounts added. If it only had email accounts or that's all you looking for, most of the play store email apps have universal inboxes. I switched to Maildroid because it both looked & work good, it has an universal inbox but I don't really bother using it since I normally check emails right away.

1339708296469.jpg

OP
M

Mygia

Reaction score
Are you talking about something like the messaging app with email, testings, etc. Or the actually universal in box inside the old messaging app?

It's been awhile since I used the stock blur messaging apps, & I can't remember if the universal inbox only covered emails or messages from other social accounts added. If it only had email accounts or that's all you looking for, most of the play store email apps have universal inboxes. I switched to Maildroid because it both looked & work good, it has an universal inbox but I don't really bother using it since I normally check emails right away.

1339708296469.jpg

Thank you. I will give it a try.