In search of a new rom

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
sounds like your battery might be at fault because its not normal for your phone to be getting that hot without heavy use and being overclocked. my phone never gets warm and i run it overclocked on ULV with heavy use

OP
R
Reaction score
sounds like your battery might be at fault because its not normal for your phone to be getting that hot without heavy use and being overclocked. my phone never gets warm and i run it overclocked on ULV with heavy use

It use to barely ever go over my 98° profile and I had to recently set the 104° profile. Idk if it means anything but my phone says my battery health is "good" also recently I have noticed a very high pitch hiss or buzz coming from my charger... so idk if that means anything like if its not getting the best charge.

Sent to you by a D2 Hopped up on some Liberated Gingerbread

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
CM7, MIUI, Liquid, SSX and Justice are all 2nd init ROMs. The customization and speed is unreal. You can change themes without rebooting, lockscreens, performance mods, etc. Battery life isn't the greatest though, but its well worth it IMO.

MIUI

How bad are the battery lifes?

it really depends on a lot of variables but compared to your liberated d2 id say noticeable. if i had to guess id say if you were at 40% at the end of the day using liberty you would probably be at 25-30% with liquid, 20-25% with miui and 10-15% with cm7

Liquid and CM7 get about the same battery life for me. MIUI and SSX have gotten me the best out of the 2nd init ROMs.

CM74DX

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
How bad are the battery lifes?

it really depends on a lot of variables but compared to your liberated d2 id say noticeable. if i had to guess id say if you were at 40% at the end of the day using liberty you would probably be at 25-30% with liquid, 20-25% with miui and 10-15% with cm7

Liquid and CM7 get about the same battery life for me. MIUI and SSX have gotten me the best out of the 2nd init ROMs.

CM74DX
your also using a DX, SS isnt out for the D2 and ports are a little different between roms

OP
R
Reaction score
Hmm idk I think I might go with apex cuz of battery life. At least until justice comes out because I think jrummy will produce a good 2nd init rom

OP
R
Reaction score
Since im gonna go with apex, anyone wanna tell me if 2.0.0 is the latest release and I assume im fine flashing from liberty as long as I wipe? And can I use jrummy's rom toolbox to flash it?

GrandWazoo

Reaction score
That is really strange about the battery life. When I barely use my phone in a day, it goes down to 70% with LGB

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
That is really strange about the battery life. When I barely use my phone in a day, it goes down to 70% with LGB
v.8? brightness down as much as possible, wifi on whenever its available, background data off unless your using it (same with gps and bluetooth) setup a profile for screen off, clear cache and dalvik cache daily, check for any background apps that might be running, limit the number of widgets on your homescreens.. also, people have had slight battery increases flashing imoseyon's (imoseyon) zip in cwr

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since im gonna go with apex, anyone wanna tell me if 2.0.0 is the latest release and I assume im fine flashing from liberty as long as I wipe? And can I use jrummy's rom toolbox to flash it?

Use Droid 2 bootstrap to flash it. Just wipe data, cache and dalvik cache, then install.

CM74DX

OP
R
Reaction score
Okay soo charged over night. Woke up wasn't really on it that much once I shut off the alarms around 8 because I was on my tablet. So then I got on and did some forums stuff some browsing some pulse news reading then watched two episodes of the office then listen to music fir about a half hour 45 min. I think that's it haha below are pics and my homescreen shot shows my temperature

OP
R
Reaction score
Haha forgot two pics:p