In preparation of ICS with root tool mods

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will the pull down editor and boot animations changes affect the OTA?

The boot is an easy fix, but the pull down has me stumbled. Would just changing back to Verizon Wireless be effective? It basically changed the build prop somewhere, RIGHT? Or do I need to pull that prop from my backup?
If so where is it located I forget.. (use to do things manually on the d1, MAXX got me lazy)

----posted maxx'ed out----

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Will the pull down editor and boot animations changes affect the OTA?

The boot is an easy fix, but the pull down has me stumbled. Would just changing back to Verizon Wireless be effective? It basically changed the build prop somewhere, RIGHT? Or do I need to pull that prop from my backup?
If so where is it located I forget.. (use to do things manually on the d1, MAXX got me lazy)

From what I have "heard", your phone must be completely stock, no bloatware either frozen or deleted, no mods, current 173 Rom, no root, essentially completely stock. That sounds pretty much like you have some work ahead of you.

Here's the link to get you going again! Good luck! http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html

;)

OP
thaDroidz

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got most bases covered, pretty much wondering if changing the custom text back to " Verizon Wireless" via root tools will do.. guess I'll find out when an OTA gets here..
Worse case I'll just nandroid back or flash a stock image.

Thanks

Concistency

Reaction score
You have to be completely stock (FXZ) or you will most likely run into a installation abort error due to something, these can be little minor things. FXZ beats the hassle of trying to figure out errors.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You have to be completely stock (FXZ) or you will most likely run into a installation abort error due to something, these can be little minor things. FXZ beats the hassle of trying to figure out errors.

FXZ?? Please explain what that acronym stands for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

OP
thaDroidz

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quick Google brought up a bunch of bionic factory looking restores.. never did see what it actually means

Concistency

Reaction score
FXZ files stock. You can then use the utilities on the Site and RSD to stock. When your going back on the upgrade path its always good to do this. When I first started rooting and stuff I tried installing updates manually and got errors and tried troubleshooting for like two hours straight lol.