In Phone Camera...

MsLaura518

Reaction score
Yeah, i got this phone used off of craigslist it's only 2 years old if that, but i didn't get it from the store so i'm kind of lost on how to fix things with it. The camera, as we all know, is 5mp... but my pictures look TERRIBLE. They are blurry, and grainy, and it just looks so bad. (My Ally took more high-def pics than this.) I went through the settings made sure it was on 5mp, made sure the exposure was neutral and everything else i could think of. Nothing is helping, any suggestions? I really hope someone can help, because i love taking pictures and this quality is just flat out depressing.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Are you zooming in? Are you looking at the pics on the phone or pc? They always seem to be grainy on the phone but fine on the pc.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

solar

Reaction score
if its abnormal quality, a hard reset may help. the Droid's don't have the best pic quality. you can always post some pics for people to compare.

OP
MsLaura518

MsLaura518

Reaction score
if its abnormal quality, a hard reset may help. the Droid's don't have the best pic quality. you can always post some pics for people to compare.

this is what my camera quality looks like now.

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 302
OP
MsLaura518

MsLaura518

Reaction score
Are you zooming in? Are you looking at the pics on the phone or pc? They always seem to be grainy on the phone but fine on the pc.

i uploaded the one that i attached in my above post, and it still looks so blurry, i was hoping you'd be right and it'd look okay on pc, but it didn't.

azules9780

Reaction score
I have the same problem but I think my pics look worse. My old D1 took much better pics for sure.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

solar

Reaction score

this is what my camera quality looks like now.

lol. well that would probably be a cute picture if it wasn't so blurry! I would try a factory reset of the phone first. You'd be suprised what that fixes. besides, verizon will make you do it before they replace it anyhow. Auto focus is on right?

solar

Reaction score

i uploaded the one that i attached in my above post, and it still looks so blurry, i was hoping you'd be right and it'd look okay on pc, but it didn't.

thats definetely not normal, even for Droids. :)

oz0ne

Reaction score
Not to sound like a smartass, but did you clean the lens?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cute pic though, even blurry. I forget to clean the lens sometimes and it makes a huge difference.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

solar

Reaction score
I would have said that too, but there's no way that from face or hand grease! that would be hair spray on the lens! and I don't think she's doing that lol. Factory reset it. only way to know if its hardware of software.

pinkmini

Reaction score
My pics look like that too! Nothing I try works and I have done a factory reset too. I notice its scratched on the corner of the camera side (I also got it on craigslist) so im betting it was dropped. I have tried diff camera apps ect. Same result. Most phones I've had have a second where u can see the camera auto focus before takin the pic b ut this one doesn't seemto do that. Im thinking im better off with a diff phone cuz I use my camera a lot

OP
MsLaura518

MsLaura518

Reaction score
I would have said that too, but there's no way that from face or hand grease! that would be hair spray on the lens! and I don't think she's doing that lol. Factory reset it. only way to know if its hardware of software.
won't I lose all my info and contacts and everything?

solar

Reaction score
won't I lose all my info and contacts and everything?

You'll have all the stuff Google backs up for you (contacts, calendar, apps purchased) just by signing in with the same account.

You will lose any data contained within apps, like game progress or data in a tasks program. Some programs have built in backup/export functionality. Some programs like My Backup Pro will help you save some data and make reinstalling easier, but you have to be rooted in order to get real full backups.
Also make sure your pics are saved to the sdcard and not the phone memory.

Sorry for the delayed responses. Work has been keeping me busy. :)

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using DroidForums