In need of a Book Reader App

Reaction score
So I have a collection of books I already own. I am trying to put them on my Bionic but nothing seems to work. I have tried Kindle, areader, KOBO, and Adilko. I have also tried different formats. They are currently in .mobi because I read them on my Kindle PC program. This is getting extremely frustrating. I would like to use the Kindle app but even when I manually add them to the kindle file nothing shows up when I open the app. Does anybody have a fix for this?

markc23

Reaction score
I use Aldiko book reader and Calibre on the computer to convert E books to Epub format and import them into Aldiko.

So I have a collection of books I already own. I am trying to put them on my Bionic but nothing seems to work. I have tried Kindle, areader, KOBO, and Adilko. I have also tried different formats. They are currently in .mobi because I read them on my Kindle PC program. This is getting extremely frustrating. I would like to use the Kindle app but even when I manually add them to the kindle file nothing shows up when I open the app. Does anybody have a fix for this?

OP
D
Reaction score
I even tried Aldiko and it won't recognize the files in the folder. It will only add one doing file which is odd because there are 3 epubs and 20 .mobi files.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you import them to Aldiko? That's what I had to do when I was creating ePubs with Calibre (as markc23 mentioned).

OP
D
Reaction score
I'm a little embarrassed to say but I couldn't figure out how to directly import them. Any tips?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a little embarrassed to say but I couldn't figure out how to directly import them. Any tips?

1) Put the ePub on your sd card in a location you can find (maybe create a folder called Downloads)
2) Press the "Home" button on the upper left corner, then "SD card"
3) Go to where you put the ePub. If it's in the "sd-ext" area, pressing the arrow in the upper right will take you to it.
4) Long press on the ePub you want to import. It will give you the option to "Import to Aldiko." Press that and the ePub should import and show up in your shelf view.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Further, when in the folder that has your books, you can press menu and one of the options is to "Select All".

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also if you're doing a series and want them displayed as "Recently Added" do them in reverse order, one at a time.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you all very much for your support. I actually figured out how to get my books (covers and all) onto the kindle app. As it turns out kindle placed a folder on sd/ kindle and sd -ext/kindle. The folder you want to use is the sd/ kindle as none of the apps I tried (almost all from the market) would read any file on the sd-ext of the bionics goofy setup. Thanks again for the support!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk