in ear headphones with a mic

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jaxjaggywires, Nov 10, 2009.

1. jeremymein

jeremymein New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    try these

JLab's new J3M earphones with mic work well for me. It has unbelievable sound on both ends

2. techinv

techinv Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Jeremymein:

These look interesting. Glad that they sound good. But more importantly, are they comfortable? Most importantly (for me, at least) what controls are builtin (mic, music pause, etc) and do the controls work with the Droid?

Thanks

3. silvere2

silvere2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump.

I don't understand why so many people post about their great earbuds, but don't post whether or not the controls work. Goddamn, it's get annoying.

4. byronnash

byronnash New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do the behind the head Motorola headphones like the S9 have a microphone to make calls with? I'm in the market for some headphones to jog with and possibly make calls. Regular earbuds do not stay in my ears. I like the idea of wireless, I don't know how many times I've ripped the earphones off doing yard work because the cord got snagged.

5. Spartan21090

Spartan21090 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just picked up the new Dr. Dre beats solo and they sound great on my droid but when using the mic they don't work so well. I can answer calls, hear them but I can't get the mic to work. I know its not a hardware problem because the mic works fine on calls on my blackberry but I'd really like to get it working for my Droid

6. msmojorisin

msmojorisin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    RE: techinv

Hi techinv. this is exactly what i am looking for as well, i found these, haven't tried them, they might work? Buy a HTC Droid Eris Stereo Headset with Music Controls (RC E160, Black, 3.5mm), #36H00880-04M - eXpansys Inc

7. techinv

techinv Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Miss Risin (great name by the way!!):

I hadn't seen these, but at that price, it might be worth trying. I've already tried 2 others that were not fully compatible, so I'm hesitant to try again. Since the description on these say that they're for the Eris; I already have concerns.

Just FYI, I did a search this morning on Android Central and got this list of headsets that they say are compatible with the Droid:

Motorola Droid Stereo Headsets - Android Central Store

I looked at the descriptions for all of them and the only ones that seem to have all the music controls that I'm looking for are the v-moda vibes and those are a bit more than I'm looking to spend. Let me know if you try out the HTC one though.

8. valnar

valnar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of a set that works with all functions but costs at least $50? Yah, snobbish reply - I know. But there is a significant sound quality difference between expensive and cheap earplugs.

9. camcrobe

camcrobe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been using the Motorola EH-25 headset with mic. These are typical bud style (and not the in-ear type like the Moto EH-20). All call and music functions seem to work fine and the sound is not bad (considering you can find them on eBay for around $10)

10. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone tried the Motorola S805 DJ Headphones? I'm a bit persnickety about head sets and prefer to wear headphones just in front of my ears as opposed to Covering or Buds in my ears. These headphones, design wise are excellent for my needs.

I did check out the Bose headphones at Best Buy and those are fantastic, but they are corded. I wouldn't imagine Bose will go with a Bluetooth design any time soon as you're not going to get nearly the response or sound as you can via wire.

This weekend I bought the RocketFish Mobile RF-MAB2, the sound quality was amazing as it had 5 different sound quality settings. The only issue with these is they pinched my ears terribly, so I returned them. I never did try pairing them to my Droid phone.

I've entertained the thought of going with the Motorola S9HD or the Best Buy generic Rocket Fish.

Just as important a good working mic is something significant to me as I'm going to use them for my PC as well (gaming using Vent). I'm I chasing a White Elephant?

11. KyleChx

KyleChx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so not to bring up an old thread but i am falling into a pair of monster diddy beats by dre (testing them for a company) and get to keep them. Wondering if these will work with the DROID, or their is an app that gets it to work, or does someone need to get on that and develop a necessary app b/c i'd pay $5-$10 for an app that does so

12. tjs

tjs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone know if there is a one ear piece ( not stereo ) and mike that fits the Droid or an adapter that l can use to bring the ones I have up to 3.5 ( I think that's the size ) ?

Search tags for this page
beats by dre volume control not working

beats microphone not working

bose headset buttons not working on droid
do skullcandy ink'd 2 work with android
epic 4g & mic not working well

ibeats volume control not working

skullcandy earbuds with mic not working
skullcandy ink'd 2 android problem
skullcandy ink'd mic doesn't work
skullcandy mic not working