in ear headphones with a mic

bad_frog66

Reaction score

spalding12

Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations for a good set of in-ear headphones with a mic? There's a set on the VZW site (link), but was wondering if anyone knew of any better ones. I'm just going to be using the phone as an mp3 player a lot, and want to be able to have a mic on the headphones for convenience on calls.
Try Here. Tour with ControlTalk? High Definition In-Ear Headphones ? Beats by Dr. Dre by Monster :motdroidvert:

that is fascinating
for the record....
his BEAT headphones are some of the most OVER-RATED in recent memory
they just aren't very good at all...... FWIW

but.....
$189.00 for the wired in-ear ones....
they do sound "tasty"
wish i could TRY some

nice find
thanks for the link

bad_frog66

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]that is fascinating
for the record....
his BEAT headphones are some of the most OVER-RATED in recent memory
they just aren't very good at all...... FWIW

but.....
$189.00 for the wired in-ear ones....
they do sound "tasty"
wish i could TRY some

nice find
thanks for the link[/QUOTE]
I just listened to the Beats Solo and I thought the sounded fantastic. I don't know how the tours sound but the reviews were very good. To each his own.

tincup703

Reaction score
For an good alternative for about $50 look at the Jabra BT3030 Bluetooth device. Works great with any set of earbuds and doesn't look like the typical Bluetooth headset hanging off your ear.

techinv

Reaction score
Need more detail here...

Guys:

A newbie, but I did do a search before posting. I'm looking for a wired headset, for my Droid that has:

Inline mic
Volume control
Track forward/backward
Call pickup
Call end

I've seen bits and pieces in this thread, but haven't quite seen anyone say that they have a wired headset that does all of this. Please let me know, I'm trying to avoid going to bluetooth route unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks

jeremymein

Reaction score
try these

JLab's new J3M earphones with mic work well for me. It has unbelievable sound on both ends

techinv

Reaction score
JLab's new J3M earphones with mic work well for me. It has unbelievable sound on both ends
Jeremymein:

These look interesting. Glad that they sound good. But more importantly, are they comfortable? Most importantly (for me, at least) what controls are builtin (mic, music pause, etc) and do the controls work with the Droid?

Thanks

silvere2

Reaction score
Jeremymein:

These look interesting. Glad that they sound good. But more importantly, are they comfortable? Most importantly (for me, at least) what controls are builtin (mic, music pause, etc) and do the controls work with the Droid?

Thanks

Bump.

I don't understand why so many people post about their great earbuds, but don't post whether or not the controls work. Goddamn, it's get annoying.

byronnash

Reaction score
Do the behind the head Motorola headphones like the S9 have a microphone to make calls with? I'm in the market for some headphones to jog with and possibly make calls. Regular earbuds do not stay in my ears. I like the idea of wireless, I don't know how many times I've ripped the earphones off doing yard work because the cord got snagged.

Spartan21090

Reaction score
Just picked up the new Dr. Dre beats solo and they sound great on my droid but when using the mic they don't work so well. I can answer calls, hear them but I can't get the mic to work. I know its not a hardware problem because the mic works fine on calls on my blackberry but I'd really like to get it working for my Droid

msmojorisin

Reaction score
RE: techinv

Guys:

A newbie, but I did do a search before posting. I'm looking for a wired headset, for my Droid that has:

Inline mic
Volume control
Track forward/backward
Call pickup
Call end

I've seen bits and pieces in this thread, but haven't quite seen anyone say that they have a wired headset that does all of this. Please let me know, I'm trying to avoid going to bluetooth route unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks
Hi techinv. this is exactly what i am looking for as well, i found these, haven't tried them, they might work? Buy a HTC Droid Eris Stereo Headset with Music Controls (RC E160, Black, 3.5mm), #36H00880-04M - eXpansys Inc

techinv

Reaction score
Miss Risin (great name by the way!!):

I hadn't seen these, but at that price, it might be worth trying. I've already tried 2 others that were not fully compatible, so I'm hesitant to try again. Since the description on these say that they're for the Eris; I already have concerns.

Just FYI, I did a search this morning on Android Central and got this list of headsets that they say are compatible with the Droid:

Motorola Droid Stereo Headsets - Android Central Store

I looked at the descriptions for all of them and the only ones that seem to have all the music controls that I'm looking for are the v-moda vibes and those are a bit more than I'm looking to spend. Let me know if you try out the HTC one though.

valnar

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a set that works with all functions but costs at least $50? Yah, snobbish reply - I know. But there is a significant sound quality difference between expensive and cheap earplugs.

camcrobe

Reaction score
I've been using the Motorola EH-25 headset with mic. These are typical bud style (and not the in-ear type like the Moto EH-20). All call and music functions seem to work fine and the sound is not bad (considering you can find them on eBay for around $10)