In-ear Earbuds with Mic and Controls that work with the Bionic

Reaction score
I've been goin crazy trying to find a pair of good earbuds with a good mic, that had controls that will work with my bionic. Had anybody found a pair?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I bought a Sony pair from Amazon that's doing an alright job. I reviewed it as well so you can check that out, but the short and curly is that the sound is pretty good as far as music goes. Nice and loud with a good base. The call volume quality is kind of on the quieter side, but I only used it twice to take calls, so the jury is still out on that. It has a single power button that can also the activate the voice control on the Bionic. It's worth checking out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QTW21Y/ref=oh_o04_s01_i01_details

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I bought a Sony pair from Amazon that's doing an alright job. I reviewed it as well so you can check that out, but the short and curly is that the sound is pretty good as far as music goes. Nice and loud with a good base. The call volume quality is kind of on the quieter side, but I only used it twice to take calls, so the jury is still out on that. It has a single power button that can also the activate the voice control on the Bionic. It's worth checking out:

Amazon.com: Sony Ericsson Wireless Stereo Headphone - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I'm liking those!

OP
C
Reaction score
Yea. They seem like good headsets. I really appreciate all the help.

Sorry I really should have clarified, I've been looking at wired earbuds over wireless (I'm old-school) which are ALL labeled to work for iPod, iphone, ipad and other izombie products but not for android. One of the few downsides of an opensource, therefore fragmented OS as far as devices go. Not nearly enough to make me switch, just annoying

I know that beats work with some newer HTC phones like the Rezound, but they have integrated software

Anyone had luck with beats?

Course after seeing some wireless options I may embrase the future and cut the cord so I'm keeping my options open. Just don't like the idea of one more thing to charge I suppose

blackngray70

Reaction score
Check out the Bose wired with Mic.

I got mine at Verizon.

They're expensive but worth it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
C
Reaction score
Do the controls work with your device? I looked at those. My only concern is the design looked uncomfortable. But I haven't tried em so they might be ok

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have used my wife's Bose earbuds on the Bionic and they worked. but they are wired and I hate that. I use a pair of "Sony DRBT100CX Ear Bud Style Stereo Bluetooth Headset" (got them from Amazon) on the Bionic and love them. The controls work and the sound is good (of course I mainly listen to recorded books so sound quality is really not that much of an issue for me).

Good luck.

LuvMusic

Reaction score
Klipsch has a new version of their S4 in-ear headphones designed for Android phones. Here is the Amazon link: Amazon.com: Klipsch Image S4A In-ear Headphones for Android with Inline Microphone: Electronics

I've owned the regular version of these buds for a couple of years and they sound very good! I've also owned Shure in-ears and listened to the Beats in-ears. I would place these in-ears somewhere in-between the two. Not as neutral as the Shure's and not as bass heavy as the Beats, these are my favorite in-ears and I use them regularly. I also travel quite a bit and they have held-up perfectly, I've only had to replace the ear-pads once. I do recommend getting a set of replacement memory foam ear pads. These come with rubber and while they work, I find the memory foam pads provide a better noise seal and are more comfortable.

Of course all of this is IME! :p

blackngray70

Reaction score
Do the controls work with your device? I looked at those. My only concern is the design looked uncomfortable. But I haven't tried em so they might be ok

Well I haven't tried them with my Rezound yet but they worked with my Thunderbolt.

I like them because they sound great and they stay in my ear. They're designed to stay in the ear.

I don't find them at all uncomfortable.

They're basically the same thing as Beats that came with the Rezound so I'd imagine that they would work with the Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Last edited: