1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

In-Call Volume Issue

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by taz1458, Apr 4, 2010.

1. taz1458

taz1458 New Member

For some reason, my in-call volume is super low. I have to put it on speaker to hear them. I have the Audio Manager app installed(just installed it) and it made no difference even with it up to 7/7. Is there a hack out there to make it higher? I know the Louder Volume Hack is not compatible with the Droid. Any ideas?
  2. kimjcastleberry

kimjcastleberry New Member

I feel like I'm deaf...

My experience with my brand new moto droid brings to mind the verizon commercials of "can you hear me now"... only its me that has an incredibly hard time hearing the caller.

I have the call volume all the way up (and have used several utilities now to at least check it, although none seem able to raise it even higher). I have yet to find a solution besides a bluetooth headset and even that only gets me to acceptable not particularly loud.

This reminds me of when the ipods were volume throttled for liability reasons. However for me this just isnt going to work, its just too low for useability. While my hearing may not be perfect I'm a long long ways from deaf.

I'm glad yet still frustrated to see I'm not the only one having this issue. This means that swapping one droid for another may not solve the problem.
  3. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

Hmm, I have a buddy with a completely stock phone that does the same thing, I would guess its a hardware issue, but I cant say for certain. I plan on getting him rooted and moved to a custom rom in the next few weeks, Ill see if that helps or not.
  4. kimjcastleberry

kimjcastleberry New Member

B-Unit, thanks so much for the really rapid reply. Yeah, this one is still completely stock except the apps I've downloaded trying to find a simple workaround. Please keep us posted. I found a lot more threads on the forum with essentially this same topic too. It seems to be a common issue. Please let us know how it goes as for me this could be the difference between whether I return the phone very soon.
  5. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

Mine will do this too. I am rooted. Doesn't happen on every call but often I will answer and I can barely hear the caller. I have to hangup. And call right back and it is fine.
Search tags for this page
android 4.0.4 low in-call volume hack

android call volume going goes high with headset

droid call volume issues

droid incoming voice volume

droid incredible incoming call volume increase
how to increase volume htc sensation

increase voice call volume android

s4 call volume by default too high