In-call proximity sensor fix

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by orizzle, Oct 14, 2010.

1. orizzle

orizzle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone figured out a fix for the proximity sensor? It's nearly impossible for me to keep my Droid's screen from coming on during calls. I know this has been fixed in other roms, but no fix yet for BB.

2. thatguychuck

thatguychuck Member

Ratings:
    +0

I haven't been on the boards in a while, but this reminded me of a few things. You could try and download "sensor test" by AtmoWorker, and see what values your proximity sensor is reading. Mine goes from 6 (no finger) to 0 (finger.) Just remember the sensor itself is on the upper left hand side of your screen. Might give some insight to if it's a hardware problem. Also:

I read a few threads a while back the the froyo update, said they changed the leveling on when exactly a screen should be off or on. I know I've dropped a few more calls "shoulder talking" on 2.2 than I ever did on 2.1.

So that's that. A few random thoughts in my head tonight that may or may not be able to help you. Best of luck!

3. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    yeah, this is a common issue with 2.2. it's not the proximity sensor, it's the positional sensor - i.e., a change in position/angle causes the screen to come on. i think Chevy No. 1 posted an update zip to address this issue, but i don't know if it's specific to his rom or not...

4. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm using the latest (as of this date) versionof Chevys ROM because I cannot install BBs ROM anymore (tried relentlessly) and, although it works a lot better than it has in the past, when I change angles like laying down or leaning over while talking on the phone the screen will come on and my face/ear will always press the end button. Or it presses a combination of numbers then the end button just so the other person calls me back asking wtf I did that for.

It's a big issue for me, I don't even talk on my phone anymore without speaker or bluetooth headset.

Search tags for this page
android calibrate proximity sensor

android proximity sensor fix

calibrate proximity sensor android

droid bionic proximity sensor fix

droid proximity sensor fix

galaxy s3 calibrate proximity sensor
how to calibrate proximity sensor
htc rezound proximity sensor calibration

proximity sensor fix android

s4 proximity sensor calibration