Improving battery life and more for Droid RAZR

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am not sure what to tell you man, you just have to keep track of things wasting battery and deal with them appropriately. I have been on 4G all day and this is where I am at now, the ONLY thing I have on my phone that pulls data besides my three email accounts is my Beautiful Wigets weather section that only does it every hour. Stuff life FB I use the mobile site, and Twitter I use Tweetcaster but that only refreshes when I log in and then I log right back out.

View attachment 47852View attachment 47853

DocsDad

Reaction score
When I had the Razr I was getting anywhere from 7-20 hours on it depending on how hard I pushed it. I kept a charger handy just in case though. I think 8 hours would be acceptable for me. These babies take power to play. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

pinoy_92

Reaction score
my phone lasts for 12 hours.. the trick is how to make it last for 24 hrs.

garywojdan81

Reaction score
I've found that a combination of smart actions and the stock task manager work the best for me. Also, using something to freeze the bloatware gives you some advantage as well. I use system tuner pro for that & some other miscellaneous tweaks. Gotta keep in mind though that you may never duplicate someone else's results because the wild card will always be the power drawn by the radio, even on 3g exclusively. Weaker signal areas will cause this thing to draw juice like crazy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
ltcalex

ltcalex

Reaction score
JD is an awesome app! I have the ultimate but ended up uninstalling the app because I realized with Smart Actions I didn't need them both.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Cece, what do you think of this thread? Informative? Thumbs up? By the way, which one give you more battery life? Have you tested it?

makilavelli

Reaction score
I've found that a combination of smart actions and the stock task manager work the best for me. Also, using something to freeze the bloatware gives you some advantage as well. I use system tuner pro for that & some other miscellaneous tweaks. Gotta keep in mind though that you may never duplicate someone else's results because the wild card will always be the power drawn by the radio, even on 3g exclusively. Weaker signal areas will cause this thing to draw juice like crazy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Exactly ^^^ I've experienced this firsthand between my home in El Paso, TX (weak signal area), and a relatives home in NE Pennsylvania. For the longest time I figured people had to be lying about their battery life as mine has been terrible at home. Additionally, Every time someone would post a pic of their battery screen the only things displayed were service related components so that led me to believe they aren't using them like they say they are.

Anyways, the above poster hit it on the head; the weaker the area, the harder your phone will scan and scan to find a better signal. Thus, eating that battery life faster than you'd like.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

OP
ltcalex

ltcalex

Reaction score
my phone lasts for 12 hours.. the trick is how to make it last for 24 hrs.

Your note of giving a "like" for something valuable, should be automatic. I believe it should also be a reminder.

CBdubz

Reaction score
I don't find that statement to be true at all. I can get 20 hours on my phone without smart actions, let alone with them. I set up a smart action to turn off cell data, background sync, and wifi when the screen is off, and made it 5 1/2 hours with the battery still reading 100%. Just have to know how to set up your phone to maximize the batteries on these things. Always have to keep the widgets or apps that pole data constantly under check and a few other things and you will be fine.

Now of course the other day I was using my 4G connection as a hot spot for a couple laptops and an Iphone, and my battery went from 90%-30% in about 2 1/2 hours but that is to be expected.
No one should have to do all that work to keep a cell phone form not dying. just buy AN EXTENDED BATTERY:p

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Exactly ^^^ I've experienced this firsthand between my home in El Paso, TX (weak signal area), and a relatives home in NE Pennsylvania. For the longest time I figured people had to be lying about their battery life as mine has been terrible at home. Additionally, Every time someone would post a pic of their battery screen the only things displayed were service related components so that led me to believe they aren't using them like they say they are.

Anyways, the above poster hit it on the head; the weaker the area, the harder your phone will scan and scan to find a better signal. Thus, eating that battery life faster than you'd like.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

yeah I live in NYC where signal is great and my battery life is terrible so I don't think it has that much of an effect

OP
ltcalex

ltcalex

Reaction score
The lack of towers are certainly a killer for batteries. Does anyoone know if there are any "satellite" towers as yet?

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried to download juicedefender. The razr went into Maxx mode and denied downloading of any 3rd party app that wasn't needed.

thumps up if that was uncalled for!!

----posted maxx'ed out----

rpittillo

Reaction score
I use Smart actions plus activate battery saver mode through out all my setting. The browser settings has a mode to save battery. During the day I have smart actions set for work. At home I let it loose an hog my battery. I keep it plugged to the charger. I love my RAZR. It is set up for the power user, me, lol

OP
ltcalex

ltcalex

Reaction score
Do you like this Thread?

I use Smart actions plus activate battery saver mode through out all my setting. The browser settings has a mode to save battery. During the day I have smart actions set for work. At home I let it loose an hog my battery. I keep it plugged to the charger. I love my RAZR. It is set up for the power user, me, lol
If so, how about a "Like"? Thanks. It's getting good raves of approval!

SallyC

Reaction score
Where is the like button? :icon_ lala:

Well hidden, unfortunately. If you're on the forums using your phone and an app like Tapatalk or Droidforums you can't Like. If you're here by using your computer, put your mouse a little bit above the Reply, Reply With Quote and Multi buttons. The word Like will appear with a little thumbs.png by it.